Universal Audio Thunderbolt Option Card for Apollo
Universal Audio announces the release of the Thunderbolt Option Card for the Apollo Audio Interface.
Compatible with Intel’s new Thunderbolt technology on the latest generation of iMacs, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, and Mac minis, the Thunderbolt Option Card is designed to provide greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency versus Apollo’s standard FireWire connection.
The user-installable Thunderbolt Option Card includes two Thunderbolt ports, and is desigend to slide into the expansion bay of Apollo. Bus power is provided to all downstream Thunderbolt peripherals, allowing music producers to connect devices in series with the Apollo interface — including hard drives, processors, and computer. When the Thunderbolt Option Card is engaged, Apollo’s FireWire 800 ports are reconfigured as a hub for connecting FireWire devices — such as a hard drive or UAD-2 Satellite.
Thunderbolt Option Card Features:
- Enables Thunderbolt technology for Apollo DUO and QUAD Audio Interfaces on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Designed to provide greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- Two Thunderbolt ports supply bus power for daisy-chaining of peripherals
- Allows Apollo’s built-in FireWire ports to be repurposed as a FireWire 800 hub over Thunderbolt
- User installation – tool and instructions included
- Requires an Apollo High Resolution Audio Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately
Pricing & Availability:
Available from authorized Universal Audio dealers worldwide, the Thunderbolt Option Card is now shipping with an estimated street price of $499.
More information on the Thunderbolt Option Card.