LTD JH-200 - Black user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- When people think of Slayer, they normally think of Kerry King. That's a bit unfortunate as most people who know Slayer know that Jeff Hanneman is one hell of a guitar player, and he deserves a lot more credit than he's given. This is a lower end version of his guitar. In fact, I believe it's the lowest end version, and you can really tell on certain parts. The guitar features a basswood body, a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 24 extra jumbo frets, unique inlays, a Kahler bridge, binding, two humbuckers, one volume, one tone and a three way switch.
- The guitar's fretwork jumped out at me. It was just very bad overall. There were some high and low frets that caused issues with it fretting out in certain areas once you started lowering the action. The guitar also had some sharp ends on the frets which made it uncomfortable to play. The finish on this was bizarre, but there were no major flaws with the finish. The neck joint was also pretty good. It had a slight gap, but it was nothing really noteworthy. The bridge on this is awful, and I really hate Kahler bridges. It just felt really spongy and odd.
- The guitar had some fake EMGs in it. They're meant to sound like real EMGs, but they don't. I think they're passive EMGs, but I'm not entirely sure as they have the EMG/ESP branding on them. I never bothered to research it enough to care. The pickups themselves don't really sound like EMGs, and it's a bit of a shame. That said, even if you put EMGs in this, you won't get Jeff's sound. He's fairly well known for having an all maple bodied guitar. Yes, that's maple and not alder or basswood. Most people don't know that given that his ESP models are either alder or basswood, but his main one is modeled after his old school Jackson.
- Overall Opinion
- The guitar is really not that great. I'm sure you could make it sound decent with a few mods and whatnot, but it's just not my thing. Not only did it not resonate that great, not only does this have the incorrect wood for Jeff's tone and not only does this have bad pickups in it, but it also has one of the worst bridges ever invented. I really dislike these Kahler bridges and have no clue why the guys from Slayer insist on them.
User reviews in other languages
- In which country was it made? China and Crafte usa verified.
The French version is not similar to the uk version, the French version is so much better attention to notice.
What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)? Kahler trem x
What kind of stick? maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, the neck is slim, inlay letter H and pious.
How many frets, what kind of microphone and their configuration? 24 cases for the two micro humbucker esp, a tone, volume and a 3-position selector config.
- The handle is it nice? For me my strong point, the handle is very nice, very flat, fast. The handle has a polished style satin half slip which allows good and comfortable feeling.
Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)? It is not too heavy, well balanced and after as one likes or dislikes.
Access to acute (recent freight) is it easy? Yes no worries access.
Gets it easy to sound good? The sound is good, bold metal assé very typical. I even changed when considering the micro bridge for DiMarzio of activator.
- Are they suitable for your style of music? I play metal and no worries
What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold", ....)? Rather bold, even if on the acute pickup doing very well.
With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play? Hartke GT60 (hybrid) and zoom Kiko Loureiro signature.
- Overall Opinion
- How long have you use it? Received yesterday, so not long!
Have you tried many other models before buying it? not
What is so special that you like most and least? The very flat and very easy to handle playing the divine color and x treme Kahler tremolo (which I specify can be locked by tightening a small screw).
How would you rate the quality / price? Good value for me, as did the promotion acquéri report.
With experience, you do again this choice? Yes, except the pickups are good but not great, I have found extra. Possessing numerous quality guitar (jackson japan, fender us ect ...) she did not blush.