Lauten Audio Oceanus LT-381 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- This is a tube condenser microphone that I recently had the pleasure of using on a long session when a client brought it in to record vocals. Normally we insist upon our AKG tube mic but we humored him and let him try it out. Sure enough, it sounded phenomenal. It was as good or at least almost as good as our AKG Tube mic which is phenomenal. It's a tube condenser so that means it's really not for use outside of the studio. If you have a home studio with great mic pre's and have quite a budget you might consider this mic but keep in mind that it's sensitive so it needs an environment that'll keep the noise to a minimum.
- Overall Opinion
- The sound of this microphone is fantastic. It's warm, lush, and deep, which is exactly what you want out of a tube microphone. It's great for vocals, as are the majority of tube mics that I've used, but this one is especially great for female vocals. Male vocalists sound great too but this really captures the range of a female vocalist much better especially if she's in a lower alto range. I also really like this on acoustic guitars as it provides a warm and full tone to those. String instruments in general sound great, assuming it's an acoustic string instrument. I wouldn't use it as a distance or room mic as much, it doesn't really work as well in that capacity. Either way it's still a great microphone. There's really no reason any studio shouldn't get it as a nice supplement considering it's low price range. While it's certainly not the best tube mic out there it's far from the worst, and it can really compete with a lot of them. Home studio owners with really good gear should look into it too but keep in mind the fact that it's not really worth it unless you have a great mic preamp.
- The Lauten Audio LT-381 is a large diaphragm tube condenser microphone designed for use in the recording studio. I've only used it a handful of times in the studio and would recommend not using it anywhere but here as it isn't meant for any other type of use. The mic has a few different polar pick up patterns including omni, cardioid, and figure eight. Since it is a tube mic, it also comes with a power supply.
- Overall Opinion
- While I've only had the pleasure of using the Lauten Audio LT-381 on two occasions for recording vocals, both times that I used the mic I got absolutely stellar results. The amount of depth, warmth, and clarity that was present in the tone was outstanding, and I have a feeling that this mic would work well in variety of situations beyond vocals, although I have not yet had the chance to test out this theory. The LT-381 is definitely a professionals microphones through in through, both in terms of sound quality and price, as it does carry a large price tag when compared to other home studio mics (not that I would say this is a home studio mic). However, considering how good this mic sounds and the features and accessories that it has to offer, in terms of professional microphones it is actually a great deal. The mic is overall built very well and as long as you treat it well, I can't imagine that it wouldn't last a long time. In addition to the top notch sound quality, having a few different polar pick up patterns makes it possible to do some creative things with the mic and adds to its overall versatility. To me, the Lauten Audio LT-381 is the perfect mic for the home studio owner looking to spend the money and go for that go to microphone. It is also great for any professional looking to expand their microphone collection with a very reasonably priced tube mic...
User reviews in other languages
- Condenser microphone with dual vacuum tubes and extra large diaphragm. (1.3 inch) 9 directional. Very nice construction, neat package.
Supplied with cable Gotham. Micros guaranteed for life ...
But it is very versatile mic (piano, percussion, overheads, brass ...)
- Overall Opinion
- Used for about a year.
Tried or owned many of Neumann (TLM49, 149, 170, TLM103, U87), etc..
This mic is a revelation to me.
Seamless integration with the mix. Very little EQ needed.
Realism rare. Both warm, detailed with a lot of air.
Difficult to describe this sound, this chandelier, this feeling of being truly in front of the singers.
These tell me often feel like to finally hear their voices.
I ask nothing better ;-)
Same for the other tube mics of the brand (I own all pairs: Torch & Horizon)