Fender GA-45SCE
Fender GA-45SCE
    • Increase or decrease font size
    • RSS

All user reviews for the Fender GA-45SCE

Average Score: 4.5 ( 4.5/5 based on 4 reviews )
  2 reviews 50 %
  2 reviews 50 %
Not satisfied with this review?Request a new review
MGR/S. Cormier 01/23/2008

MGR/S. Cormier's review "Fender GA45SCE"

I just starting playing, less than 3 years. Many of my friends play. I come from a very musical town in New Brunswick, Canada, where playing and singing is the norm. I own a GA45sce Fender, a Epitphone by gibson and a Art & Luthier.

This is a tough question...I bought the GA45s model (acoustic version) for approx. $700.00 Canadian on "sale"...one year ago this past christmas...something went wrong with that model...a factory defect. Fender gracefully agreed to replace it with the GA45sce model a substancial upgrade.So that is why I ended up with this particular model of Fender.

I am totally in love with this guitar...and so is anyone who has had the "prevlidge" of playing it. I have friends who are in bands and some of whom have 45 years playing experience try this guitar and they all love the sound and look of it. The neck has tons of good complements. The ease of playing, it is a joy to own. It looks great and sounds even better, what more can I say...I am very happy with it.

So far I have no complaints at all, but I have read in a few reviews that the nut should have been made of better quality material.

Beautiful to look at and the feel is just right. The quality of craftmanship compares to high priced Taylors, Martins and then some. When plugged in the Fishman electronics sound great and I love the built in tuner too. Great job Fender.

I love this guitar and would replace it with the exact same model if something were to happen to this one. Several friends want to know where did you get this, how much did it cost and where can I get one....haha they sure can't have mine. If I did not have to work for a living, I'd stay home and play it everyday!

MGR/Anonymous 04/08/2003

MGR/Anonymous's review "Fender GA45SCE"

Acquired at local dealer for $650.00. Purchased from local dealer because they give exceptional service.

Good neck action. Sounds great plugged in or unplugged. The build quality seems really good.

Sounds good but is quiet when not amplified

Could not find anything wrong in the build quality. The finish work is top notch. The front is solid aa spruce. The back solid rose wood.

One of the better mid priced guitars out there.

MGR/Brian King 06/23/2002

MGR/Brian King's review "Fender GA45SCE"

Picked it up at Melodee Music in Northern VA for $550 a year ago.

This thing for the price range is the standout in a otherwise field of midrange crap from a lot of different manufacturers. I tried everything under the sun and this is the only one worth its weight in laminated wood from the others. It has a solid top, back and laminate rosewood sides. Sounds fantastic when its plugged in and you can get an amazing accoustic sound with the Fishman stuff on board. The unplugged sound is the best compared to others from the 300-700 dollar price range. Good action and decent price. Amazing looks for the money. This is fenders top of the line accoustic they put more effort into it than other manufacturers.

Accoustic sound by itself is decent but doesnt rival a taylor nor does the playability. Im going to get a taylor but this guitar is amazing.

Good all the way through no problems at all.

Best price, best sound, best guitar for the money. Great gigging guitar. Will hold up to all kinds of abuse. Many nights when i was drunk in my dorm room the guitar handled the abuse that I didnt mean to put it through.

MGR/Scott 12/17/2001

MGR/Scott's review "Fender GA45SCE"

I purchased this beauty from Guitar Center in Lynwood, WA after visiting several guitar stores. I paid $570 with a MSRP of $990.

Competing with Takamine, Taylor and Martin the Fender GA45SCE ended up being my final choice because of its moderate price and beautiful sound. The strings are easy to press down making it easy for clear sounding open chords and bar chords.

The main thing is that on my guitar, the low E string vibrates a bit when plucked hard. I didn't notice this until after the purchase! This problem is probably not a feature of this model, but is unique to my unit.

The GA45SCE has a solid spruce top, solid rosewood back and laminated rosewood sides. Being a cut away makes for easy access to the upper frets. Haveing a mother-of-pearl sound hole ring and frets dots makes it a beuatiful guitar. I am happy with the EQ that came with it. Although not my first choice it comes with all the basics you need in an EQ such as bass, treble, mid, brilliance and a master volume. The EQ is a Fender Classic 4 ACLR by Fishman.

I would suggest this model for anyone who is looking for a moderatly priced and decent guitar.