Taylor 814ce user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- So this is a Taylor (my second one after 310 purchased in 2002 and with which I really enjoyed myself). Taylor is the K14CE Koa, the famous Hawaiian wood when it comes back and sides. The table is made of spruce.
an exemplary finish with gold-plated mechanical!
Every detail, any inlay, varnish, all is perfection.
- Handle extremely pleasant, a guitar that also surprises with its lightweight, compact appearance.
As with any taylor, there is no need to scratch like crazy to leave a powerful and accurate. Simply touch the strings to get his most enjoyable. This surprised me at the purchase of 310 .. must say that my previous one was not even a Yamaha 100 euros ... The shock could be having.
- As soon as I start playing with this guitar, I do not want to stop ... sounds clear, precise, and know when to be friendly, felted (I had it more difficult to achieve with I 310).
The sounds are great with a pick, picking at ... I can only speak well! I am delighted, thrilled and still happy. Taylor thank you to musical instruments as enchanting.
I did not think I own gain as much as the sound of a range of taylor to another. The sound that comes from the KOA is just hauntingly beautiful.
I had the store was also very attracted by that of the 610.
This guitar can be plugged into an amp but I have not tested yet. I play mostly acoustic pure.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for one month. I set out initially to buy a GS. She appeared at the store and as there was a wide range of taylor, I took my time and have tried them one by one. The 610 and 910 also particularly attracted me! And then I took the K14CE, and there, really, I thought, this is the guitar I want. I had not imagined the KOA so beautiful ... Like what, do not be limited to images that can be seen on the net. And this wood really gives a distinctive sound, very warm. It was everything I wanted.
A guitar very very high end. While the price is high but the passion is reasonable?
A tool that I recommend to all!
- to see Taylor on the site for the characteristics ...
- The ergonomics are perfect with a comfortable handle its entire length. This is an access to EC So acute is well until the end of the handle.
- Taylor is a so ... it's not a Martin! The sound of a Taylor is not as kind as that of Martin. This is a full, crystalline and very uniform and very équilibré.Il should in my opinion at all styles of music accompaniment of song, rock, blues, picking, no problem. I would be less positive for Celtic, for example, which requires a deeper and more serious ...
- Overall Opinion
- I use it since I have and I'm delighted. I had a little trouble at first, as having a Martin HD28, I found Taylor's a bit dull. But she pleasantly improve with time and now I know that I do not part with it ... I would buy one, then it sur.Et: what she's beautiful! !
- Electro-acoustic guitar-sized grand auditorium cutaway
- Table massive sitka spruce.
- Back & Sides Solid Indian rosewood.
- Key, bridge and ebony pegs.
- Benchmarks "sheet" and inlaid mother of pearl inlay on the rosette Abalone.
- Maple Binding on body, neck and head.
- Mechanical oil bath, Grover, gold plated.
- Equipped with the new preamp Expression System, exclusive Taylor
- Supplied in case
- This is the kind of guitar you ask about the knee and balances immediately. No need to compensate, the head is heavy enough to offset the weight of the body.
The neck is perfectly flat and the gap strings / keys in the middle of the sleeve requires no effort. The cut "cutaway" can of course access to the highest notes if necessary.
- I play mostly in pure acoustic. The sound is a real treat and I never tire of playing with open agreements that the magnitude of the bass and treble clarity of the mix without the bouiillie you hear on mid-priced guitars. No doubt, there is a high-end guitar.
In electronics, I plugged into an SR Technology JAM 400 with a quality cable and again I am baba ...
- Overall Opinion
- I am left handed and have not had many opportunities to try several models before making my decision. I bought the deceased "left" California at Pigalle. Several top models gammme tried that day (Martin, Guild, Larrivee ...) and 814 EC wrapped me without hesitation. Subjective opinion, but it is much more beautiful than Martin, it sounds to perfection and playing comfort is incomparable.
- see the Taylor website
- The handle is comfortable, ergonomic ok, it's a good guitar "thought" in terms of playing comfort
- It is a guitar that I sold for several reasons:
1 / buzz on the expression system. Furthermore, it sounds good as a sensor connected I think.
On the buzz, a vendor at the time told me, sighing "yes we know." Recently I tried the 8 strings in the lounge music, the American demonstrator tells me about the system's sensitivity to the problems of the masses (in Europe .. weird)
Anyway, mine had this problem. Bad series?
For pure acoustic sound in the context of use unplugged. the 814ce is below a lot of models. A share may be picking where I find it well balanced. I compared with a Martin D41 for example, and frankly ...
Earthwork with two front or U87, the Taylor pales ...
Finally, it may be that the guitar must take on the age.
J had found the sound bright, but are not ..
I think it's a very guitar oriented American music "main stream"
after each to make his opinion.
- Overall Opinion
- c is an expensive guitar from his lack of versatility I think ..
my opinion is hard, I know, but given the price ...
- Manufacturing USA
Solid sitka spruce sitka.
Form large auditorium
Back & Sides: Solid Indian rosewood.
Touche, ebony bridge and pins.
Benchmarks "sheet" and inlaid pearl inlay on the rosette in abalone
(English name of Shells Ormeaux).
Mechanical-oil bath, Taylor, gold plated.
Equipped with the new preamp-Expression System, exclusive Taylor
- Shape: Grand Auditorium Cutaway
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Milestones: Pearl
- Channel 15 "Radius
- No. of frets: 20
- Nut width: 1 inch 3 / 4 = 4.44 cms
- Scale: 25 1 / 2 inches = 64.77 cms
- Nut: Tusq
- Rosette: Abalone
- Preamp: Taylor Expression System
- Color Natural
- Finish: Gloss
- Tuners: Taylor
- Strings: Elixir Light Gauge Nanoweb Elixir - nanoweb December 1953 Light Phosphor Bronze
E 012 - B 016 - G 024 (w) - D 032 (w) - A 042 (w) - E 053 (w)
Body Width-16 Inches
Thickness of the body-4 5 / 8 Inches = 9.5 to 11 cm
-Length of body 20 Inches = 50.80 cms
-Length Overall 41 Inches = 104.14 cms
U.S. Suggested Retail Price-$ 4058.00
Price-found the United States: $ 3000
- The handle is a reference to Taylor over there and there was nothing wrong, accurate easy
The handling of the guitar is nice, not too heavy.
The access is facilitated by the sharp cut Venetian
The HER !!!!!! Wow, it sends a G chord and presto: SOUND ....
Speaking of sound, I read on some forums that there was a blast when we plugged the 814ce, unless you are completely deaf, I did not hear that
by connecting to a PA 900 Beringher EPA with the controls in neutral position.
Note a small red LED on the electronics Inside the box tells us if the battery still has juice.
- Perfect for picking country music and chords.
Should in my opinion a bit less for acoustic blues, but it can do anyway.
EPA tested with a PA 900 Berhinger that lent me a (real) friend.
The sound is perfectly rendered with all the settings except Neutral a bit of reverb.
I ended up cracking a pure acoustic amp SR Technology JAM 150 more, and marriage is explosive
Note that I followed the advice of the brand Taylor and I use a TRS cable side guitar and XLR on the sound system to enjoy better rendering of the Taylor Expression System.
- Overall Opinion
- I bought it yesterday morning at Guitarshop in Marseille and I do not separate any more, I think I'll sleep with ;-)
I tried other guitars EA including the 714 Ce, but the 814ce has a really big and powerful balanced sound even unplugged.
I also tried a Taylor 414CE to try an amp sound
Jam SR 100 and frankly the difference between 414CE and 814CE obvious and ears.
A counselor without hesitation, it has for its money!
- All the features of this model are known, the better to go to the website of Taylor.
- The neck of this guitar is really fantastisque, access to acute is no problem thanks to the cutaway. This guitar is pretty light which is appreciable. The string action is low enough to give comfort to play a guitar very short very pleasant to play. This guitar is really beautiful.
- The sound .... exceptional sustain a huge, perfect balance, any three-chord song takes on another dimension. I'm really surprised at some opinions on this guitar, it's true that the sound of a guitar's staff but there really is perfect.
- Overall Opinion
- This is a guitar that can play in all registers, as Taylor says it's the Swiss Army knife of this brand of guitars, bass fans and large rhythmic able to prefer the GS series or elsewhere in Martin. I really tried an impressive guitar and if there are actually other very good guitars Breedlowe for example) the guitar is a pure delight, try it! ... éconnomisez and because the quality comes at a price.
The expression system is very good, it faithfully reproduces the sound of this guitar. I use it mostly on a sound system, I do not meet any of the problems of breath which sometimes hear about on the forums.
We can think the price is excessive, but a guitar that can also be a beautiful object with a very nice case, it's not just the sound that counts, like a car, two different models will go to the same speed but will not be dressing the same.
- Page: 1