Moog Music MemoryMoog LAMM user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The Memory Moog by LAMM is a great polyphonic electronic synth that was manufactured by Moog back in the 80’s. The sounds this this board creates are classic sounds that were used back in that time frame. All of your 80’s hits had sounds from the Memory Moog Line. You can compare this board to a lot of other boards back in that time as most of them pretty much had the same sound sets in them.
- I had a chance to use the memory Moog about a year ago and I love it, I actually created some great stuff for an indy film with this board. This board isn’t used much in today’s music world but if you can get your hands on one you will see why it’s a classic board. A lot of the vst moogs today replicate the sounds of the Memory Moog so that would be the best bet is just to go with the vst because the memory Moog isn’t pretty to look at and it will take up a lot of studio space. The Memory Moog comes in a wooden fram with an LCD panel.
- The sounds are great, nice full fat synths that can go right in your mix, like I said before this was the sound of the 80’s! I love the bass that comes on here and the sweeps are epic. There is no effects with this board as most of them back then didn’t have effects on board they used a analog mixer for that. So you can run it through your computer mixer and go to work!
- Overall Opinion
- Overall its great, but good luck getting your hands on one of these. It wont be easy, and there are a ton of vst’s that have a lot of the same sounds and don’t take up studio space.
- This synth is 99,9 % complete. The usual Memorymoog lacks MIDI, but with this L.A.M.M. (Lintronics Advanced Memorymoog Modification) every parameter can be controlled by MIDI. There is 6-voice polyphony (let's say 6 Minimoogs), 3 oscillators per voice - if wanted you can choose mono modus (18 oscillators !!!). Only things not present here are effects and multitimbrality.
- The manual is very simple (divided in 3 sections which you can choose along your own skill: quick guide, simple manual, extended manual). The synth has so many features that it is hard in the beginning, but after a few practising you can make great sounds. The user interface is VERY clear (very logical - from left to right: control LCD panel, OSC section, OSC mixer, filter section with ADSR, AMP section with ADSR; in the middle the modulation section).
This is a quite robust synth - although you have to take care of the wooden case (watch out for scratches). The Memorymoogs are infamous for their OSC tuning troubles (but I hadn't any problems yet). Buttons are very robust; they will not break. Concerning the customer support: I bought this synth via EMC Music from Lintronics; I contacted them a few times for little questions, and they helped me out within 8 hrs (!). Great support !!
- Fat like never before & 100 % analog !!! This is a great synth for any type of dance music, as well as rock music (great dirty organ sounds). Fattest bass sounds I've ever heard, great sweeps, lead sounds, etc... Unfortunately no effects section... This is definitely the best synth I ever tried.
- Overall Opinion
- This is THE GREATEST synth ever. Definitely !!
Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: THM ( 4-, 2003)
User reviews in other languages
- Purchase Price: 5500 euros (LAMM LinTronic version)
3 VCOs that guarantee its desire pais. Quality filters. ADSR ADS instead of the Mini. A section MODULATION particulirement complte. The VCO synchronization. Mixable waveforms. Precision of programing paramtres numriques (dysplay). UNISON mode you align 18 tilt in orieilles!
- Same architecture and ergonomics on a Minimoog .... so simple and comprhensible
- Its close to that of the trs Minimoog but not identical because probably curtis VCO and filters 24 dB slightly differ. However extrmenent powerful in sound as well as opportunities for Fast Fashion. Can do anything.
- Overall Opinion
- Quality of manufacturing: 10
In its original version, its lack of reliability of reputable compensated but sadly Fawn incotestables justifies its quality. Only the version upgrade LinTronic makes the instrument ultimate http://www.lintronics.de/lamm.html
I always thought that the trs subjectively the best polyphonic Memory silent era of Vintage. LAMM LinTronic kit makes it an instrument of exception. However we find the draisonnable ct, as the Minimoog, such a purchase for the price. Although if Dr BOB we now appears a polyphonic analog, given the price of his journey, it's a good think that his price would be staggering. And After all, plustt than buying a Jupiter 8 + 4 + 5 Prophet-Voice can be considered to be satisfied with a Memy ... The Xpander Oberheim is also a peak in the Contents. But I parat plus "domptquot; the Memy that more than a thoroughbred, reminds me a vritable" Wild Bunch ".