or
Create an account

or

Thread Sound Blaster Audigy has got to go....?

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Sound Blaster Audigy has got to go....?
I started out mixing Hip Hop music a couple of years ago, using nothing but Logitech 2.1 speakers and a Sound Blaster Audigy soundcard. Amazingly, I have gotten some pretty good results considering my equipment. I am now in the process of taking it to the next level. I currently have a set of Tascam VL-X5 active monitors being shipped to me and have started thinking it would probably be a good idea to give the Audigy sound card the boot. I do not record the vocals on this setup, they are all recorded in a friends home studio and imported into my setup. I use Nuendo 3 and rewire Reason to mix the vocals in. So I really do not need a card with lots of inputs. I am on about a $400 dollar budget so maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Also, how much of a difference can I expect in sound quality with a new card? I was looking at Hammerfall cards on ebay...? Keep in mind I am just mixing and not recording....thanks.

-C

Check out www.myspace.com/shutdownproductions and see what I was able to do with my Logitech/Audigy setup, haha.