or
Create an account

or

Thread error...!

• 7 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 error...!
my sound card is fixed, bt it doesnt play ny sound.. in real player it says cannot open audio device, another application may be using it.. even though no application is usin it.. n thn i cheked the sound & audio device settings n it sed no audio device..i also tried re-installin it.. but it said sound card not found.. ny ideas on wt i shuld do? thx.
what i'd personally do is take out the soundcard, reboot without it, then reinstall the card and the drivers..

in your case the card is definitely not properly installed
k, thx.. i'll try it..tht ws a quick reply.. :)
np ;)

what operating system do you use? i guess windows?

are there any devices with either an explanation point or a question mark in the device manager?
:)

i use windows xp..

there's an exlamation mark on PCI device..
ok.. then the hardwaremanager already found your soundcard, but didn't actually recognize it..

go into the properties of this pci-device, then you should have the possibility to either install the drivers or update the drivers..

that should work ;)
thx...i did tht b4.. bt the thing is i dnt hv the cd.. i'm using a creative sound blaster 128... i get this prob n cn fix it normally.. bt dnt knw wt's gone rong..
u dont actually "need" the cd.. some source with the drivers should be enough..

maybe you could go to creative's homepage for other drivers for this card :?:
even tho i thought, that the drivers for the sb128 shouldn't be needed for xp anymore, cuz they should be included