• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 REALLY WEIRD PROBLEM-My hardware is picking up AM radio - Can't record
I have a computer with the following hardware:

CPU: AMD64
Memory: 2 GB
Sound card: M Audio Delta 66 with Omni I/O Breakout Box

The problem I am having is that one of the pieces of hardware is detecting a local AM radio station. When I plug a microphone into the Omni I/O, it seems to act as an antenna and boosts the signal. When I record anything, the radio station is clearly audible and sometimes louder than the intended subject depending on the microphone gain setting.

Has anyone on here ever experienced a problem like this. If so, how did you solve it? If not, do you have any ideas for possible solutions? This situation is crushing my home recording aspirations.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks.
Not sure if you're still having this problem, since your post was over a month ago, but your first step is to check that all your equipment is properly grounded and run your audio cables away from your power cables as much as possible.

If this doesn't help, trying moving to different circuits (like connected to a physically different breaker). If its a single cable / device thats encouraging the interference, disconnecting one thing at a time and looking for the culprit can be helpful too.

Just some ideas.