or
Create an account

or

Thread Suggestions for good, afforadble recording software?

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Suggestions for good, afforadble recording software?

Hello, all. I'm new to this site and to the recording industry. I've recording and mixing music for two years now using Adobe Audition 3.0 and Mixcraft. I have a MXL 00.06 USB Condenser Microphone. I record in my closet, which is lined with  Mattress foam (ghetto) and I'm using (believe it or not) towels curled in my corners as bass traps. As you can probably guess my studio/shack is pretty low budget. Does anyone know of any affordable, good, recording software that can prove helpful with my low budget set up?

Thanks in advance,

Sly

hi

i ve never used audition or mixcraft but cant you record into those? maybe you need to look into getting yourself a nice soundcard if you looking to improve the quality of recordings etc  - im just guessing that is the reason you are looking for different software.

if not then i suggest starting with light versions of either ableton or logic  - there are a bunch of external soundcards - i ve been quite happy with motu products - i own a traveler - pretty nice 

hope this helps

bzzb
Hey Sly,
It seems like software may not be your main need.  Adobe Audition isn't bad and should be enough for a small set up, but I would recommend looking at Cubase SE if you're looking for something a bit more in depth that doesn't cost too much.  Other ways you could improve your studio would be by getting an audio interface rather than just using the USB mic.  This will also make your studio more versatile as you'd be able to use any type of microphone with it.  There are plenty of options out there for this from brands like M-Audio and Digidesign that are pretty budget friendly.  Of course with both of these interfaces you can use Pro Tools, which is really cheaper than most would think...Hope this helps.
-Mike
Thanks guys. judging from what both of you said. I think I'll need to invest in a soundcard, most likely external. I kind of figured that lol I just wanted to weigh my options before buying something that I may have not needed.  Again, thanks a lot to both of you!