or
Create an account

or

Thread No hardware yet, which software would work best with this soundkit?

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 No hardware yet, which software would work best with this soundkit?
First of all I just wanted to say Hi. This will be my first of many posts. I'm a 19 year old DJ aspiring to be a producer. I bought that soundkit the trackfiends.net has to get my started. I don't really have any producing hardware like a sampler yet so whats the best software I could use for that kit? Maybe Audacity? Maybe something simpler like as if youre working with an MPC. Thanks
Hi

Audacity is focused on audio editing. It is not a sequencer, therefore it's not well suited to deal with tempo, "notes", bars... To produce music, you 'd better use a sequencer such as Ableton Live. Cubase or Sonar are good as well, but harder to learn.

Reason can also be a good solution : it is a bit less "versatile" than Live, but maybe easier to learn.

I have not managed to check the format of your soundkit, it would help to know which sampler it is compatible with. But it should be possible to import this soundkit into NN-19 / NN-XT, which are the sampler of Reason ; it should also be for the samplers of Cubase, Sonar...

Usually the sound designers ship presets for these samplers with their soundkit, so there is almost nothing to do (just choose the soundkit in the sampler).
I agree with Dr Pouet when he says the Ableton is a good choice for what you'd like to do...I also love using Reason as I feel that I can do a lot with it with its user friendly interface...You can check out demos of both them...Fruity Loops would probably work as well, depending on exactly what you want to do...