All user reviews for the Yamaha DM2000 V2
aerato's review (This content has been automatically translated from English) " Rather satisfied"
Everyone knows its characteristics. The equation somewhat lacking precision but I think access is very well thought out.
Fairly easy to use, well thought out but rather a small reaction time I find on the fader and some commands.
Some functions also misplaced in my opinion as Scéne mémory I would have seen above the transport controls and closer to the Enter key.
Many functions and a screen but can not really suited to this kind of table. No opportunity either to plug an external display, monochrome it is no longer tactil and was a plus. An external QWERTY keyboard only. No bowl for our keyboards.
Backup on a USB key, it would not have been a luxury.
Fader button are a little crazy, the rubber buttons would have been better.
The sensitive side of the Fader is well thought out and disengaged, the display above the fader, it's really a plus and if we could put longer name would have been better.
The effects are very correct.
Editing usually different parameters or pages and well done, the compressor and the gate is seen very well what makes this table a comprehensive and versatile tool that finds its place in live in the studio.
I have not toured the routes but the possibilities are endless.
The sound is fine, clean and tidy but there is always that Yamaha digital side as well nothing to do with his ancestor 02R. I am very attached to heat the definition and clarity of sound but it's not bad, say it yours promises but colorful enough anyway. However, my ear does not suffer, which was not the case on February 1 R.
Barely one week and quite satisfied. Tables, I got a package and tested. Versatile and comprehensive, good value for money for the occasion in my case. I do not regret the investment.
6000 euro, little simply just plug amps and bowls behind and get rid of a lot of very expensive thing or evolve in the most extreme combinations latitude permits.
According to the purchase price, it is a wonderful tool that fulfilled its promises.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
GuillaumeF's review (This content has been automatically translated from English) " A great console for the studio"
Very easy to use
The converter is very good - I think today we did better Digidesign or elsewhere, but I t'ulise primarily as digital hub.
Enbarqués effects are largely sufficient to be used live for the studio, but it may help better to use some good plug-ins ...
Good sound in general - it's pro stuff! Like
integration with Cubase (using remote), power (number of channels to 96), reliability, sound, control by the software on the PC, lerouting the option boards, the talk back, connector.
To 10000 EUR hand there is not much on the market that offers the same features.
1 people found this review helpful
t0f's review (This content has been automatically translated from English)
- 24 XLR analog inputs (mic level) or jack (line level) knowing that the jack which overrides the XLR.
- 24 inserts with send / return jacks ster two spars in the 24 analog inputs (you'll understand)
- 8 outputs "omni" to be assigned to the auxiliary jack ster (112) / Bus (18) / Matrix (4 Stros) / Direct Outputs (196)
- 3 inputs / outputs numriques (1 SPDIF RCA + 2 XLR AES / EBU)
- 1 2 XLR output with master copies of RCA
- 3 pairs of output monitoring (1 pair + 2 pairs XLR jack)
- Port "to Host" USB or serial (miniDin8) for use with Studio Manager
- Word Clock input and output with 75 ohm termination switch
- Cascade ports, remote etc ...
- 6 slots for expansion card MY
- Up to 96 channels (4 of 24 pages) input
- By analog 1 to 24: gain, pad, +48 V, insert analog switch
- By for all inputs including analog: 4-band parametric EQ, compressor, gate, phase, time limit, pan,
I use it live for several years for the theater, like the concert or the confrence. It takes a little time to learn, as all consoles Yamaha numriques but the logic remains the same.
When we taste the v2, it does not want the former. Would that for controlling EQ graphic frquences which are copied on 24 faders to control an "analog" trs ergonomic two-step is 25 Hz or 100Hz 4kHz 20kHz (fault of 31 faders!). And the quality of the 31 EQ bands, trs good. It's hard to believe that it is the mark that laid the Q2031 ... (For those who have had the pleasure of using it!)
Unable to insrer of hardware 31-band EQs on the outputs omni example, we can not return couraging a plateau six circuits. on the other hand as auxiliary linkable, you can couraging three circuits monitors supplmentaires ears thanks to the 6 remaining auxiliary. And we benefitted nanmoins a correction paramtrique 4 bands on these three auxiliary Stros.
There's stuff very practical when you have time boss in analog (the "igrcage" I / O patches thanks to internal functions (Submitted on dj mod the antrieurs Yamaha) Copy / paste of paramtres (EQ, assigned to, compress, gate etc ...) with a slice the other. Not to mention all that use it. ..
This is correct for the trs numrique in this price range. Some say it was not sound, unless the gnraton Obviously the PM5000 PM5DRH or AD8HR. But I prfre prampli his many other analog consoles, it allows the dj work.
The equalization paramtrique are effective but I do not like his CONTRL. We do not feel (the effect is not IMMEDIATE) and the rotary knobs without limit trs not age well (jump in value).
Compressors are not bad either, although they save the furniture.
I love working with this console. I used a back plate 6 channels config returns (with perfect internal 31bandes 6), and good must be said even when it's warm hospitality. There is no stopping change the page. But doable. And then there are tricks to make life easier as a check box for the AFL by double-clicking on a button in the group of AUX IN 1 12 (left of the screen). You win a new page to a solo and a change of page back! Any win is good to take second ...
In theater it is perfect. There's just little things that could be by amliores updates:
- The possibility to be able to assign a CD for example (= two slices of paired brackets L + R) in two BUS 1 & 2 without doing it on each slice, as for aa t prvu master st ro is assignable simultanment paired two slices.
- The possibility of stro Sets the bus master as "Matra" or "zero level" in the page dlais to a system that all DCAL (matrix Dlay es from the main Stereo) by simply acting on the time limit of stro. Currently, if you hold the dlais from the Stereo (main I hear) and then we dlaya Stereo main, everything must be reset manually. It ingrable.
- The possibility of a insrer EQ 31 bands and the other way. You can insrer as an output (Bus, Aux, Stro ... etc) but it is a false insert. It is cascaded between the output and output software o hardware you rout. Therefore, if you equalizer bus and you rinjecter this bus in the Stereo Master, it is not qualis for Stereo. It's a shame, a TRS can be useful in some cases, taken as sound a little distant with static or flexibly equalizer in an omnidirectional dpa one man show.
Otherwise, since Yamaha has come a long way and some gaps that I have criticized the DM2000 t couraging in PM5DRH (pramplis shots of the PM5000 (a ring l), memory gain etc ...) but for the price of nearly 3 x DM2000 ... a calm!
To report a price equivalent DM2000, M7CL out some time APRS is interesting trs. Similarities and any other work fawn over anything with LIVE's touch screen. But I console myself saying that DM works 96kHz it! : P
I do not regret my choice!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Fa#'s review (This content has been automatically translated from English)
no config option:
- 24 XLR / jack with insert
- 8 omni outs (jack)
- Input / output numriques (AES / EBU, SPDIF)
- Word clock BNC + MIDI Time Code SMPTE + + + +
- Stero output XLR + control room (small / large)
- Other inputs / outputs for communication with Ordi, cascade port etc ...
- 6 slots for optional card for a total of 96 votes!
I use it mainly in the studio and I control all the other machines (PC + sound card + magneto ...) from the console.
Sometimes I use it live or faade return.
For those who have worked on the dj numrique yamaha, they will have no problem to learn. At worst the record is clear and explicit. 350p
The converters are not those of the PM SERIES, but is correct.
Of course, it does not work the same on analog and fawn on a numrique. must re-enter molo otherwise the sound may become agrssif.
The EQ is ffective, 8 including 2 internal effects in surround, efficient dynamics ....
This is an ultra complte console for all uses whether in studio or live. I bought it mainly for studio and I regret nothing. Trs it sounds good if we had to use it.
Tip! live I add a compressor STREO lamp on the master and you can work on the console kool roughly -12 dB max-6db.