Allen & Heath Xone:42 (Old Design) user reviews
- Is rack?
What is the type of connection (RCA Jack, XLR ...)?
RCA inputs except microphone xlr
Fx send / return RCA in
What is the sampling precision (bits / kHz
SIGNED! This table is 100% analog, there is no conversion of sound!
- The general configuration is simple?
Simpler you die!
The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
Very clear, very sufficient, thank you also A & H for providing the three curves of filters available
Common functions are they easily accessible?
Bah seen that there is THAT usual functions on this table ... it is a control knob =!
- The console is transparent?
Not at all! Instead, it restores a potato in digital sound and gives full scope to the sound of vinyl! It has a separate sound ... A & H sound what.
The equalizer is effective?
Very effective! It is very different from the Pioneer, but any contact with the desired frequencies, and above all, his way of cutting frequencies is incredible clean, everything is fluid and precise.
She introduced the breath?
From what? 0 while the sound volume is perfect.
- Overall Opinion
- How long you use it?
Did you tried many other models before buying it?
DJM 500-600-700-800-900 (special mention for the 900 that stands out completely from the previous Pioneer tables at any point of view)
Amix RMC and 55 RMC 75 (The best restaurants I've tried. Incredibles, a warmer and more accurate than A & H)
Rodec MX3000 (Very good food too, but I really did not like the fader curve, logarithmic for me too)
What is so special that you love the most, least?
- Sound quality
- Manufacturing quality
- The filter, and intuitive "patatise" everything that goes on its way
- Race of faders, nonlinear but clearly explained
- VCA faders (affects the line voltage = no crackling / clips)
- The crossfader, to the touch just too cheap for my taste, a lover of scratch will change it for a Penny & Glide or Innofader.
- Compared to Pioneer, the volume released is lower, which is problematic when one connects to a fixed place where it is impossible to touch the amps
- One filter. For that price I'm not complaining, but a second offer so many more possibilities
- The XLR microphone input, I will have much preferred a combo jack / xlr in which I can plug my headphones when needed
How would you rate the quality / price?
Brief for this price (700 euros nine) and use that I make (house of any kind with traktor scratch pro 2) I am fully satisfied, and all the djs full piopio who have tried it on my benefits I have confirmed that this was an incredible table ... but it lacked an effects section, which is replaced by the plethora of Traktor fx.
With experience, you do again this choice?
Before repeating this choice should it fail, and believe me it was the sound at your fingertips!
I highly recommends that they, but I would try the Vestax PMC 280 before giving a final opinion. Choose a mixer that is very personal! Capabilities directly affect how you play. This one is really smooth but I can just as easily make transitions super clean with 3 or 4 channels during a House session prog and tribal, that the grind for a set bluntly electro-clash.
- Overall Opinion
- Nothing is perfect but this table has the best sound I could get into electro mix, filter and eq's superb mixes that allow really fine and subtle, PFL very well studied, but again the sound quality .. I'm from the conventional medium and I have so far not found a better table oriented dj mix (if you must go to mixing consoles for the live, but it ' is not made to use Dj .. and it's not the same price) who is demanding I think it's a very good choice
- The characteristics for General for the table, see for yourself even on the official website:
- At the ergonomics of the table, it's not good pioneer, was not apparent simplicity of some buttons / potentiomtres, hence intrt to read the documentation that came with, to understand all its possibilities and to end all questioning.
- The sound is his strong point and that is what is expected of a mixer with good ergonomics and a Gnrale quality workmanship exemplary. The EQ is super efficient, it introduces no breath, the quality of manufacture is correct. Once the filters active it gets a slap, it has an impressive dynamic, the sound is clear, crystalline, I t's all bluff first time I plugged this table on my monitor speakers (Yamaha HS80M). As I am a big fan of strong bass, I'm sure to emphasize this point, rglant the filter as needed.
- Overall Opinion
- Soon, I use it since 2 years, I've tested quite a few tables around me, in stores, I have a DJM 500 for availing oneself of several Sch es. For me, I will not go in rear, A & H convinced me impressed. If I wanted to change the table today, I will go straight to the queen of the night, his big sister, the Xone 92. I exercise my passion for the mix without any claim to particulire, I'm pretty eclectic, but my area is mostly electronic music.
The first thing that made me doubt that it is the LED, the flexibility of the fader / crossfader, I tried to exert a small force to the left / right to see and what emerges is a certain fragility compared with fader / crossfader with Pioneer, but much more pleasant to use. cons by a point that I was immediately put into trust, the systm female jack in the headset when you saw the game there was on the old DJM 500, was doubtful its quality over the long term.
* Good dynamics, its specific on who inspires transparency, purity. No breath.
* Good filter, EQ effective.
* Good quality workmanship, despite its dubious product impressions on some points, exudes seriousness, ruggedness. once we test the beast, it takes trust and long term I have not had any bad surprises.
* Ergonomics can be improved and is not intuitive enough for my taste.
The report qualitprix is excellent and I will ever exprience with this choice without hesitation. I have not had a chance to test it with my old Technics 1210 MK2, since I pass on CDJ 1000 MK3. But having had the opportunity to see sven vath in true several times and it is undisputed a fan of full analog with Allen & Heath mixer and a pair of technics, the sound is powerful, c ' Incredibly, you can feel the difference right away compared to the usual numrique DJM 800 + CDJ-1000 MK3. Suffice to say that I am the new PRS vis a vis the Xone: DB4, but if you ask me, I miss the vinyl and if I was advising the ultimate combo, would be a Xone 92 + 2 / 3 Technics 1210 MK2.
- . I
- Overall Opinion
- xone 42 from the week .... It's a slap whenever I use it. Coupled with 2 technics sl 1200 (100% analog) sound is huge. I used to be a DJM 400, which suited me perfectly, but encouraged by the reputation of Allen and Heath and seeking the best sound I headed towards this model.
The difference in sound quality is obvious. The filter is just perfect (another highlight tables Allen and Heath). The preview system is also very well studied.
The only less: only 2 phono inputs.
In summary: the reputation of tables Allen and Heath is not misused. A big sound and analog filters at the top (which I believe is ultimately the only useful effect mixer).
The value for money is pretty good compared to models from other brands. Qualities of sound and production (from very sturdy) for less than 700 euros ...
- Very easy to use
- all just standard with cut on each band
- Overall Opinion
- From 4 months
- 4 channels
2 phono, 6 Line, 1 Mic, 1 USB input with loop in / out, an effects loop in / out, and three outputs 1 XLR master, a master 2 (booth or return) and an output record .
The USB port can be used to record the output BER pc or input mix mp3.
No effects section but a section filters widely in height.
- Manual in English but can be downloaded from the site Audiopole.
Easy to use
- The equalizer is a marvel and combined with filters, there is nothing to say.
The sound is clear, sharp. Nothing to say no more.
I do not use the micro channel would therefore not disappointed (at the same time, I'm not so discomobile of the microphone I do not care a bit)
- Overall Opinion
- I bought it in April 2010 and I owned a Numark 5000FX, I can tell you that things change: D
I tested Eclerc tables, Pioneer, Numark and Gemini.
Numark and Gemini really not terrible, Pioneer sound is inferior.
2 phono inputs (too bad I would have liked 1 or 2 channels supp)
and that's it.
In summary: superb table for those who still hesitate --- go for it! You will not regret aps
- 4-way table is an analog, 2 phono, 6 lines, 1 microphone, 1 USB input with a loop in / out, an effects loop in / out, and three outputs 1 XLR master, a master 2 ( booth or return), and an output record.
The USB output is used to record his mix for it to connect the USB to the PC and connect the USB output to record in.
It can also be used as an effects processor pc, by connecting in / out with usb in / out of the loop effect.
We add to that the three filters, a meter by one-way and 4-way table in a fairly complete.
The small reppoche come from only 2 phono inputs, I only mix vinyl, and 4-way phono would not have been a luxury.
9 / 10.
- The manual is downloadable via the French site audiopole, it is useful to connect the USB section, otherwise the rest is a conventional mixer, xone is my first so I was not prevented from master the finesse of the table in less than an hour, the filter is childish to use, setting the cross-fader and its assignment is very easy. All is very well placed and spaced. The faders have a good hit, the pots are rubber nickels. Only the cross-fader disappoints me. The headphone output and a little complex at first there are many adjustable between the cue, mix and the ability to split its output (cue the left of the headphone, and the mix right) over the cue also assigns the VU meter main confusing at first but if done quickly. I was accustomed to my simple pfl Ecler nuo 3.
the so nothing to report except the headphones a bit confusing at the beginning and I think the cross replaced.
7 / 10
- Well here is the big slap, I mixed on the Pioneer, Ecler, denon, gemini UMX, and apart Rodec in table dj classic no one does as well.
To measure the quality of sound we put the equation to zero, it sets the gain for the sound to either 0dB VU meter, and go up the master. The aim is that we have a very clear and very dynamic, you can enjoy the delicacy of treble and bass power. To compare I replay all styles of vinyl for hours and we perceive sounds which I do not pay attention in the past. If we add to that total gain cut-off (useful for super mix progressive), a very good performance of the sound (you really go there to get into the red), no breath even if the sound of the table is near to background. In short it is faultless. The equalizer is for its super efficient, it is rare to find an equation that completely cut the bass without distorting the sound (or loss of mids), it is full cut, the brief also without fail.
If we add to that the filter with the resonance that can make the distortion (effect wha wha), it can serve as a low cut, or in contrast to the more subblimer (HPF set at 20 Hz, and resonance bottom), it can also boost its acute (LPF) and even make a notch by adding the filter (hpf + lpf) for the fan effect on the pioneer that seem limited because it is thinner to use.
- Overall Opinion
- I ais last month to replace my Ecler nuo 3. At first I was disappointed with the somewhat gadget xone compared to nuo, I preferred switches rather than plastic buttons (filter, cue ....). I regretted not set the course of the faders, but we must recognize that the original setting of faders xones is almost perfect, both progressive cuts while allowing effective. The big repproche I do is the original cross-fader that I dislike, it is unpleasant to the touch it would not say that it is more than enough for electro cut, but not great for scratching.
Side face, the blue LEDs are nice, I love the table with his gray / black, but the taste and color belong to us.
To which this table Queen of the tables are four-way price is less than 700 euros new, I had occasion in black with less than three months for 550euros including postage. As we know that price is a djm 800 xone 42 did two better. The only 4-way table 42 is better than the xone 92 her older sister but is more expensive.
I would do is choose will, because I board a night of minimal techno in the box last week, I plugged the xone 42 in place of the djm in place, the resident dj said he would change his well djm against a xone with an efx box., so the sound is best.
It's at its best
Simple and efficient table-
Only two ways phono-
9 / 10
- Only one microphone input I prfr two.
Super filter the best for me.
- Yes it is very easy to handle. I look just the manual.
- This table is beautiful mix Aesthetics. Does not introduce breath. The qualiseur is actually good. The strong points of the table Obviously it is the sound it DGIG. Excellent!!
- Overall Opinion
- I did 4 nights in three weeks. The appearance and design of the table to me much flat, original, inspiring strength, good quality workmanship.
The ergonomics of the table is good, there was space between the knobs and buttons DIFFERENT.
The use of the table is simple if you touch a adj mixer in life you find yourself easily.
The sound is standard is his strong point I have never heard my sound Systm Dynacord D-Lite 2000 as sonn. Aigues clear mdium Submitted, deep bass and round. Not srieux sound is excellent. It also has the effect his famous analog filter LFO. While the mix of house, tribal, electro, dance using these filters is that happiness!
Piece of advice is better to let the filters and Inrush rsonance background you will be enchanted by the sound.
However I regret the one that is between micro and more, not only XLR Combo Jack / XLR as most of the tables now. The microphone also. Should not be a big Bourin and shout into the microphone too close to his mouth if saturation. But once you find the right balance between volume and the gain is. The prcoute headphones do not disassemble the ears if the volume is back. Used with a DJ 950 of 500 MDRV Audiophony and Sony.
The USB section I can not comment on the subject because I did not test but I think we can directly assign a PC and record their mixes directly various software Virtual DJ style mix, and Tractor others.
Finally a table is largely analog Exceeds Pioneer, Denon and ECLER NUO SERIES with his EVO and in terms of sound. More PCHE. But I regret that micro srieusement part for me is not perfect. Too bad!
If you can afford it will darken the Xones it's heavy! I sold it because I want to spend the table of the same brand as my Systm sound: Dynacord MP 7 of apparently unknown to AF.
I put 7 / 10 because of his microphone and microphone input only.
- - Is the rack?
- How many lanes, bus attendant, of dparts, returns ...)?
4 channels, 2 phono, send an XFX return for external effect, a record, a booth and a master
- What is the type of connectors (RCA, Jack, XLR ...)?
xlr master, if RCA
- The effects section is it intgre? ...
the famous analog filter Allen & Heath
- - The configuration gnrale Is it easy?
extremely, it is one of the best damn tables, airy and enjoyable to use my croisbr /> - The usual functions are they easily accessible?
yes, of eq knob prcis (musically and mcaniquement), the faders are great (VCA)
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
in English, but full trs
- - The console is transparent?
- Introduced she breath?
- The qualiseur is it effective? ...
excellent sound only regret is not having a 4-band as xone92
the level of the table, I will teach you anything, it has the same sound that xone92, the output level is standard, the gain knob (as in phono line) does not dpassent noon ditto for the master (my ears can not dja more)
the sound is incredibly sublim particularly when the filter is enabled (that is, all the time) and the rsonance is max (all the time for me)
become incredible low ... in fact it is the secret of the sound of xones, the filter always active
- Overall Opinion
- - How long have you use it?
1 week, I had a dnx100 before, and I believe this and other tables
- How do you report qualitprix?
this table will soon be around 900 950 euros I think
given that a DJM800 COST 1400 and the xone42 is better ... no arflchir
is an excellent shot from A & H, and this table is for me the moment in the REFERENCE 4 track with a great sound
xone92 is a (better table works for me), without the 4-band eq and no other functions dbiles and useless (3 knob noon ... 2 ... 2-way micro filters ... 1 Cross P & G. .. ... 2 master outputs) but also enjoyable to use
- With the exprience, you do again this choice? ...
rapid feedback that I had done on the forum:
13 th post:
http://forums.audiofanzine.com/index%% 2C330907% 2Cidtopic 2Cpage 2C10000.html% # top ( http://forums.audiofanzine.com/index%2Cidtopic%2C330907%2Cpage%2C10000.html#top )
- - Yes it is rack-mount brackets with options (not expensive).
- 4 stereo channels (channels 1 and 4 phono / line channels 2 and 3 line / line) and a microphone input XLRr (eq 2bandes) + front USB connection to control traktor mix or record directly on the pc (easy!)
- Master XLR and RCA Booth + xfx send return (super convenient to connect one or EXF Kaos pad)
- The general configuration is very well prepared, we found sy directly.
The manual is in English and not difficult to understand if you qq concept but all the functions of the table are usable without reading it is so well constructed.
Filters are great and you can plug an efx tjrs or kaos pad is easily anticipated serious xfx send return. We control this serious button Wet / Dry Filter button below. I find it much thought.
- Super sound, ca bumps as well as a xone 92. No breath.
The only slight snag is 3-band equalizer compared to the 92 which has a 4 band. Otherwise it works very well and it's kill 6 db.
They are very pleasant to the touch. There is enough space.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 2 weeks.
I love the sound is really pure and bumps I saw the difference (javais a DJM600).
I tried the nuo5, DJM600, DJM800 and on the other table.
The value for money is exellent, pretty kick-Allen & Heath I was able to buy a barrel price € 930, can be found in the vicinity of € 1000 and I said that she has nothing to envy its big sister the xone 92 (which begins a day before).
Yes I would do this choice, okay it lack of effect but the € 350 kaos pad and send xfx return is expected it would be wrong to do without it! Go for it on the table is a joy