M-Audio MobilePre user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The Mobile Pre is a basic 2 in and 2 out interface that has zero latency monitoring. It is one of the most affordable interfaces on the market and it also comes with Pro Tools SE to record with. There are 2 preamps on this model from M Audio. The preamps are decent, but nothing that I would want to use long term. When using this interface it will really depend on which microphone you will be using with it. It is phantom powered and it does not require you to have it plugged into a wall because the power runs from the USB connection to your computer.
- Setting the Mobile Pre up is really quick, just like most of the other interfaces from M Audio. It will only take a few minutes to load the drivers and if you want to load up Pro Tools SE it may take a few more minutes depending on how fast your computer is. You can use this interface in almost any DAW that you want, I have used it with Pro Tools SE and with Cubase the most.
- Getting Started
- The sound you will get form recording with this interface is nothing to brag about but it will get the job done for the time being. You will need to have a good microphone to make up for the preamp quality. The interface itself is made out of a plastic material and does not seem to be able to stand any drops or abuse. Not that I would expect it to because it only cost 99 bucks.
- Overall Opinion
- The best part of this interface is that it comes with Pro Tools SE, this version of Pro Tools comes stocked with a lot of VST instruments and can work on your PC and your MAC computers. It is a basic version of Pro Tools because it will only allow you to record up to so many tracks but it is a great foundation to learning Pro Tools for a beginner.
User reviews in other languages
- J 'on this model appreciate the opportunity to have two entries, combining both the jack and XLR.
I was looking for an interface allowing me to be both simple to make recordings for guitar and my songs can also grab the hand out of a mixing console and power such as a battery recover bounced to the edit then cubase.
my config is a source, xlr, yamaha O1V, hand out, first mobile, cubase in windows 7.
- drivers are not stable care. The mobile pre is always recognized.
J 'using cubase. With the sound card is delivered a version of protools.
Personally I could not use the sound crackled to death, and recording buggaient three out of four, said this software is interesting for its simplicity and its many préengistrés above, that is very nice I think if ca works for you is that is not my case.
Cubase with no worries ca rolls nikel that is on top.
e with this interface can record two tracks simultaneously.
very nice bedding for a table finally bounced mix.
I 've no problem of latency.
- Getting Started
- simple installation.
no incompatibilities for now.
- Overall Opinion
- I the ulilise for 2 years.
I haven 't tried other interface before.
I like the most simplicity, latency nonexistent, unless the bin software comes with protools.
nikel value for money at our favorite German supplier.
I would do this m-AUDIO choice that is not Berhinger that is clear ...
- What characteristics have motivated your choice?
So this is a USB interface and USB only (no MIDI firewire ...), I would even say it's the equivalent of FastTrack ... but in stereo, which can be very useful when it has utility. I chose it because it was stereo, a mark of confidence, and at a price almost unbeatable, especially at the time.
For what purpose?
Personal I am multi-instrumentalist, I play guitar, bass and synth, and I love to use effects, including hardware, like the software, but just to the end of production. So exit the ampkit thing thingy, which are probably effective, but if they have the bikes of death.
What is your config (Motherboard / CPU / RAM / Disk ,...)?
I have a pc lambda 2010, ie 2 GB of RAM, a dualcore 1.5 GB and 500 GB of memory. Once ASIO drivers on, it's still very powerful.
Which instruments and systems (console, preamp, DTD ...) you use it and how connections? ...
Currently I am instrument> rack> mobile pre> fl studio, but it may j'intercale a mixing between the rack and the first mobile to paste in a backtrack live sessions
- The drivers are stable?
MAUDIO is Avid, Protools it is a must, even with the entry-level products.
Are they updated frequently?
No need driver, just the ASIO4ALL, so it's very light level memory.
What software do you use most often?
Fl studio, Protools LE, Audacity on other PC
What you get lag?
No, I have a modern PC, but not so powerful.
How many tracks you get to record / play simultaneously? ...
2 tracks or stereo, or separated, depending on the choice, and I presume the DAW, ideal for effects-addicts!
- Getting Started
- The installation is done it without problems?
Absolutely no problems with installation, it's almost plug and play
Have you encountered any incompatibilities?
Not at all, but I have the latest equipment.
The general configuration is easy?
Child to speak.
The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
No manual to my knowledge, unless I have forgotten his existence since:)
- Overall Opinion
- How long have you use it?
I have for over a year, I use it for my improvisations, but when comes time to record, I do not see why I will not use it.
What is so special that you love the most, least?
The must is ergonomics: it's all under the eyes! It controls the input knobs (choice XLR / jack or line at the touch of a button) and output (to line / headphone or both) with evidence of clips, and finally the bare minimum, but more than enough for the taking its.
Have you tried many other models before buying it?
Honestly no, it's my first, but having done extensive research and a limited budget, as I think 95% of readers, the choice tightens very quickly. So when we must choose between quallité and prices, it cuts to products which become references. I hope the Pre is a mobile
How would you rate the quality / price?
As I said, I do not pretend to compete with a recording studio, but with an amp + SM57 or a live online processor, it is clear that the sound reproduction is complete. it takes 5 minutes to input the settings, a little test and hop ... at work:)
With experience, you do again this choice? ...
With experience, I will probably have other inspirations, to more complete material, but in terms of its decision in the near-instantaneous smeilleures conditions, and especially in stereo, I confess I do not see why I will not repeat them. In any case I do not resell it for the world. It does not take place and working perfectly.
I put 9 / 10 everywhere because it is a great tool, but I think that since it can be better. The truth is that my choice is made, and that I do not need to look any further, but it is only my opinion:)