or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Scarlet Solo Mic Issues

• 12 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 5 followers
1 Focusrite Scarlet Solo Mic Issues
To give you guys some background information, I stream on twitch using the OBS program to stream. Basically after about 4 hours or so of streaming, my microphone will randomly get a weird robotic/echo type sound. My mic sounds fine when starting the stream and sound good doing tests before the stream. I've noticed it's usually around 4 hours of streaming. It not only sounds weird in OBS, but in other programs I use to talk with friends.

Here are my PC specs so you guys know what I'm working with.

CPU - Intel i74790k
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 950
RAM -GSkill RipJaws DDR3 RAM 16gb
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H
Mic- Audio-Technica AT2035
Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlet Solo

Those are my main specs of my PC. Just in case it might help, I use a Logitech C920 webcam. I have heard this webcam can cause some weird issues. I've been struggling with this problem for a few months trying to troubleshoot with no success. If someone could try and help me with this, I would appreciate it very much. If any more information is needed, let me know.

Thanks, Cody
Show first post
Hi Krimxin,

Thanks for joining the thread and for the video as its really helpful in helping us to see what is going on. I'm assuming you are on the latest driver version 4.14?

If you are and you are still getting the distortion I would recommend opening a support ticket with us so that we can assist you further, that can be done here and we can offer 1-1 support and try and troubleshoot this issue: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

It would also be helpful to know a little more about your PCs specs such as with Konez's original post. If you could let me know your CPU, GPU, RAM, Mobo please.

Alex // Focusrite Technical Support
Posting here for the possible benefit of others. I am currently on 4.14 and my PC specs are as follows.

CPU - Intel 6700k
GPU - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
RAM - GSkill TridentZ 16 GB
Mobo - GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

Ill open up a support ticket soon to see if we can figure something out.
Hi Krimxin,

If your GPU comes with any NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver please disable this as we know this driver can cause issues.

However if you raise a ticket this is the best way to speak to us so we can assist you directly and hopefully get your audio up and running properly.

Regards,

Alex // Focusrite Technical Support