Fender Princeton 112 Plus user reviews
- The Fender Princeton 112 Plus is a guitar combo amplifier that is split up into a normal and a drive channel. It has a ¼ inch input as well as ¼ inch connections for a foot switch, headphones, or a separate preamp or power amp. It also has a single 12 inch speaker as the name suggests.
- If you have any experience with guitar amps, you won’t have any trouble with this amp as it has a very basic make up that is seen across the board on Fender amplifiers. The normal channel has parameters for volume, treble, and bass, while the drive channels has parameters for gain, contour, treble, and bass. It also has a master volume and a reverb knob that apply to the amp no matter which channel you have switched on. I don’t have the manual for the Fender Princeton 112 Plus, but if you don’t have it, it isn’t a big deal as you can figure out the amp on its own.
- The sounds possible with the Fender Princeton 112 Plus amp are pretty varied and most of have a precise and clean sound to them. I like using both the normal and drive channels and I find best that this amp sounds best when using a Fender guitar like a Stratocaster or a Telecaster with it. For some reason it seems that Fender on Fender just always sounds best. I also like to use the reverb a lot and it is definitely a nice feature to have.
- Overall Opinion
- I’ve been using the Fender Princeton 112 Plus for about two years for both live shows and recording and I’ve found that it works pretty well for both of these applications. It isn’t too big so it is easy to bring around and while it can crank up pretty loud, I usually mic it up anyway. The price is pretty reasonable and probably won’t deter anyone from picking one up if they like it. While not ideal for shows, it will work well on the stage as well as in the studio.
- Overall Opinion
- I purchased this unit used for $100.00.
The unit is pleasingly compact and light. It has ample power for a 65 watt amp.
I am not happy with the gain channel. The distortion is overbearing and takes away from the quality and uniqueness of sound from one guitar to another. I also find the reverb to be rather noisy.
No qualms with construction or components.
My previous amps have been Peavey. In hindsight I probably would have shopped for a Peavey again.
This review was originally published on http://www.musicgearreview.com
- - Amplifier Transistor
- 100W: Very comfortable home, sufficient repetition.
- 1 HP 12''- think about it
- 1 input, an effects loop, headphone
- Clean Channel Set: Vol 1, 1 Treeble, 1 Bass
- Lead Channel Set: Vol 1, a contour (color acid => bold), a Treeble, 1 Bass,
- - Very easy to use, we found it very quickly, no need for manual for everyday use.
- The sound, my use is 98% of the canal clean: I was delighted to find a basic sound that suits me very quickly, adjustments - effective - do not serve me more than to adjust the sound according part of the game (instead of play, new members of group ...).
- Side gain: 2% of my usage time, I admit not having been able to find the sound I like. I find the settings too "clichés". It really lacks the knob of the medium. The contour knob easily allows to work with colors of sounds ranging from heavy metal to greasy distos acid / metal of 70 years with a gain setting - the transistor - which goes from crunch to the "too" saturated.
- The Reverb: efficient and reasonable on the first 3 scales (of 10). Color very well for my taste and OK 2!
In addition, the grain of the amp is there, and a transistor amp it is served, the difference with an amp is the dynamic lamp.
My usage: a guitar that is in multi-effect that will input on the clean channel
My tip: the volume settings are not progressive. I use a volume pedal which makes use of the device much more practical knowledge that I did not notice any huge difference (dynamic, harmonic or made) between the two pure sound and 2 with a pedal effect set to 1 / 2 or 1 / 4.
The rating is for the quality of the clean channel!!
- - I like the clean channel which is the basis of my sound and I can not find on any other transistor amp, 12''Long live HP: Heat and ease of adjustment.
- See above for sounds depending on the settings.
- Overall Opinion
- - Purchased in December 1996, played an average of 10 hours per week since.
- I did not find any equivalent in sound to the transistor size, the power and the price!
- I love the clean channel: you tell the good!
- Not a failure, not even a jack to change, nothing! The top, and it runs forever.
- Fairly easy to carry (less than 20 kg, I think): Crossing Paris by metro ... easy to fit in a car.
- At home it's great, attention in this concert may be just the sound being directed along the axis of the amp!
Value for money: in 1996 it was truly a great quality / price ratio. I think today I will make that choice again for this award.
Change? I thought about it, but to pass on all the lamp for a real grain and options (2HP, a reverb, an effects loop) it becomes an investment: I will pay the price difference to give me more than that.
The overall rating is based on my use, for a transistor amp with less than 100 W!
- Transistor amplifier 60 watts (it looks like it is over), between a 6.35mm jack.
4 Other connections: one for footswitch, a preamp out, power amp in one and headphones.
Two channels: clean and overdrive, with each treble knobs / bass and volume,
more contour and gain for the second channel. A knob reverb that works for
both channels. Too bad he don 'have no adjustment for mdiums, but s'
password. Knobs a little cheap ...
- Very easy to understand, no need for manual j 'bcp apprcie rglage the contour
which provides a good range of sounds DIFFERENT!
- It reconnat the Fender clean sound ... I was Just for the love, do share a
not take this amp for what it is: the mtal does not work with this distortion,
masi for blues / rock / grunge it does its job well! I use it as well
with humbuckers than with single microphones and rpond fine, no problem.
- Overall Opinion
- I had dj reperfusion there is a small time in a shop used, and I just
Finally, to get it to 200 on some site Vpc they sell $ 350 not
regrets! The clear sound of Fenders Update main asset is his, I think I would do
this same choice without hsiter.