Laney GC50 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- Overall Opinion
- i picked this screamin amp up at a guitar shop where i live. i paid somewhere in the neghborhood of 230 for it i beleive.
ooo it ounds sweet. the overdrive channle on it simply rips.its a loud one no doubt and is very receptive to the volume level of your guitar. the clean channel is soaking and with reverb i even find myself lost in the sound when i slowly methodically move through sales. then you pull the lill over drive nob and crank your guitar up and WHAM your hit with screaming tone and loud tone straight from the guitar gods themselves. the eq on it features both clean and overdrive gain, bass, midd, treble and reverb. theres a seperate clean gain and a master volume. the distortion also features a level nob. it can be intimidating at first but once you got it, you love it.
SCREEEEEEEECH.. hehe.. if you got everything at 10 she squels like a stuck pig. its loud enough at 4 and 5 to play bars and small clubs without being drowned out. and if you play it at 6 or 7 youll find yourself saying "huh what was that?" alot. but whats partial loss of hearing compared to monster tone?
shes a heavy lill sucker. i think its very well constructed but by any means dont drop it. i think that goes for any peice of musical equipment though. she can take what ya give her and beg for more.
over all it is a great amp and will seve you well. ive played it in small bars and ive not had any problems with it. i guess it just depends on your musical stylization though. i myself play alot of blues ie SRV BB King Clapton as well as cassic stuff like hendrix and zeplin., and even some newer stuf like "new" metallica, a prfect circle and sr71. one quick throw of a switch and a turn of a nob and your ready to switch from tone to tone faster than your drummer can get himself another beer.
its one screamin amp. thats the bottom line.
This review was originally published on http://www.musicgearreview.com
User reviews in other languages
- This is a guitar amplifier transistor 50 W.
An entry-Hi and Lo for connecting the guitar.
A Remote-connection, to engage the overdrive via a pedal.
On the back:
-Output for a second baffle.
-Line Out jack.
Part-overdrive with a setting for the density of "Drive" and a "level", noted that to engage the overdrive manually just pull the button level.
Potentiometer-controlled Bass, Middle, Treeble.
- Very simple to operate, the settings are lambdas as in almost all guitar amps.
The manual was not very explicit.
To get a good sound is a bit complicated, but ultimately it all depends on taste.
- This is my first "real" guitar amp, the overdrive provides a broad but limited sound to suit a Rock style, without going to extremes.
For sound in general, as I already said, it's a transistor amp, it's a very square, but no real depth or warmth, style rather "synthetic", whether in the clear or Overdrive.
I used my first guitar Prince P-335 and a SL house and a Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty ... But this does not increase the sound quality provided.
I do not like the "Clean" lacks all the overdrive can be interesting in some cases.
- Overall Opinion
- I have since 1996, I used it often when I started, and then purchase a Marshall's relegated to a corner, then I came out every 2 years, just to laugh, but over time it aged, and had some problems with its "Buzz", and loss of power and volume ... I'm revising a week ago by a boyfriend, he seems to go back on track.
Its weight is not very consistent, and power can play in bars as long as you do not have a drummer too nervous!
Level money, difficult to know the time, but I think I could have found better in the same price range.
- It is a small 50w amp transistors with a very simple clean channel, overdrive channel and reverb.
- Configuration is very simple. Are not many buttons (8)
gain for the clean
and drive level (pulled to activate the overdrive) for the overdrive
Bass Middle Treble an equalization and reverb and more
Sound and workable intérreéssant quickly obtained by clean, with the distortion must seek a little more but the sound good.
two input HI and LO
remote and front panel
Behind there is a switch, a jack to connect the hp, a headphone jack, a DI / LINE and the effects send and return.
- Personally I play metal / punk with this amp and I still have the sound I'm looking for.
you can go from the "round" in his bold and even a clean pleasant to the ear.
I do not think I used all the sound of the amp.
I play in groups and power is ample, I does not exceed half the volume.
- Overall Opinion
- I do not use it for long lasting fog fluid but it is versatile
Jai them two other amp before but none had expected versatility and power.
I got it for € 100 when that price was not hesitate.
I think if he would come to market I never repeats the same with more Watts.