Fender Fuzz-Wah Pedal Reissue user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- A reissue, this says it all!
Wah and fuzz pedal with moving in both directions (lateral and longitudinal).
Product imposing but finely crafted, a pair of switches to activate both effects.
- Config very simple but very accessible: all settings are under the pedal and the gain of the fuzz requires a screwdriver "y'en step? Then a sharp knife!) And the switch to select the order of effects.
The pedal is huge, so firmly seated on the ground, more so (now it eats space on a pedal board.
I would have liked a switch at the pedal to activate the wah settings more easily and deported on the edge, just to change settings quickly.
Vintage spirit, therefore, not always the most practical ...
- Sound Quality
- Wah good music and progressive, far less aggressive than the cry baby, pedal heavy underfoot, but gives a good pace so we do not play it parkinsonnien foot!
A very nice fuzz, gain playing with the foot is fun!
The two together, it sinks into madness! Maybe he should make an appointment with a good bone later .... but what panard!
Really a tool for experiments!
- Overall Opinion
- In service for two years, she used sporadically, but each time with a true happiness, can not always be adapted to my use, but it has so much charm!
- Reissue of a Fender pedal. Fuzz and wah wah pedal into one.
Two switches enclancher independently fuzz or wah. There is a possible adjustment in the volume of Fuzz pedal and a switch for order effects.
The wah effect is controlled with the pedal back and forth and gain fuzz by the board from left to right.
Powered by 9 volt battery or 9 volt adapter
- Super simple! It will take some manipulation to find the right amount of fuzz and define the order of effects. Then we can forget about it and think about his game
It should be noted that access to the battery is not very well thought out (requires screwdriver).
It's big and heavy. If you do not bcp space on your pedal board, go your way ..
- Sound Quality
- The wah is excellent and music for my taste. The fuzz seems to me less convincing, but the function to control the gain of the foot fuzz is very interesting.
At the time, I had a wah wah VOX and George Dennis. The fender seems to me much better. VOX was very quickly noise and Dennis lacked a bit of character.
Models wah my Line 6 M9 are surprisingly good for my style of music (with optional expression pedal of course). So I do not use very often the fender (but that is because it does not fit into my pedal board).
- Overall Opinion
- I used without problems for about two years.
Then the pedal began to have small mechanical problems (blocked it a bit on the course and there was a sort of rubbing noise). After trying unsuccessfully to run the warranty (seller not responding to my queries ..), I decided to open it to see what I could do.
Access to the interior of the pedal is quite complicated. There is a very special cordellettes / springs and pulleys to operate the various potentiometers. I have everything disassembled to put contact spray in all the places that were meaningful.
It was a nightmare for any trace (j should have taken pictures before disassembling parts). In short, it works again nickel, but the resistance in the pedal is different (basically, it falls in the low position, whereas before it was halfway through if you wanted the trigger at this level).
If someone with a plan for this pedal, I'm interested ...
Anyway long story short: this is a good pedal! But beware, this pedal wah joined many vintage type in the sense, or the time you require a maintenance (and then, good luck if you are not a technician).
However, the price is right for the quality. I recommend instead of pedals optical system (or other system not "mechanical") to end the recurring problems found on most of the wah.
- The Fuzz-Wah came out originally in 1968. In the era of fuzz and wah are honored, including Jimi Hendrix. But this wah has never had much success. It is, however, remains the Fender catalog, in one form or another until 1984.
Fashion vintage Fender conveyance to be brought current this pedal since 2008. Will it be more successful today? And besides what is it worth?
- Entirely analog
- Tips for classic wah switch on / bypass the CTBR /> - latralement turntable on top of the rocker switch with the fuzz effect On / Bypass on CTBR / > - true bypass
- Vis rglage volume of the fuzz pedal in the
- Routing switch or fuzz fuzz wah-wah-pedal in the
- 9V battery power or mains (adapter not included, as usual)
- Provided with cover in felt Fender logo
Manufacturing and finishing quality. This is a large and heavy pedal. The chrome finish is superb.
- The configuration is simple. Here no rglages multiple.
The pedal is really very large compared all the models known wah Vox, Morley, ... and flip-flop thereby presents a fairly debilitating inertia. It takes muscle to move this lever and it is difficult to impart rapid movements or specific on. The plateau Controls the gain of the fuzz, located on the scale, does not help the imposing size and jouabilit pnible. Controller are both sensitive and specific on cons.
The other is the default switch to activate the wah: placed on its side and not on the scale. Impractical: we must engage the wah and then set foot on the rocker to play. on the other hand that allows the pre-rgler wah on a "sweet spot" and activate any time without having to look again. A function "stuck wah quite rare (I only know the Ibanez Weeping Demon wah, Morley George Lynch Dragon II and Danelectro Triple L offering this feature, apart from some self-wahs good sr).
For the cons contrle gain fuzz through a sliding plate disposed on the rocker is well thought out. This allows you to change the gain up all the time, especially at the same time as you play the wah: Perfect for solos! A real good find.
ENFI the possibility to route to the wah fuzz or vice versa can also get the sounds and effects wahs DIFFERENT enough: this possibility is well known but indict a wah with distortion intgr e (routing as the most wah to distortion), apart from some well-known multi-effects (the Line 6 POD X3, for example), but this is an area much Different.
Despite all this pedal is very pleasant to play thanks to its multiple possibilities, if one is satisfied with a wah Modr.
- Sound Quality
- One would expect, the result is vintage sound: years 60-70.
The wah is also quality and fuzz. The ability to modulate the gain of the fuzz foot while playing the wah makes a real plus: trs intressant for solos including a beginners clean and dirty fuzzy end, everything is possible. We have fun and play the wah and the fuzz about the results to simultaneously spectacular and even psychedelic.
Let sincre: the wah is good, the fuzz is good, but none is outstanding. By combining the two cons and Manir which we can play together and really indict intressant.
- Overall Opinion
- So we have a pedal in the late 60s, whose t succsa confidential, but which presents a intrtrel. Is it enough to finally find its audience? No sr.
The wah is isolated in good quality but not exceptional. Moreover, its use is impractical because of the inertia of the rocker switch and the activation of the ct.
The intrt this pedal just so the fuzz. Of quality but also acquire a contrle gain via a turntable and arranged on the scale of the wah. What fun solos on blues or rock. Many gaming possibilities, dcuples by the possibility of routing to the wah fuzz or vice versa.
Finally, a very good wah, DIFFERENT, but also quite unique because of its two major defects. That may be precisely this lack of versatility that has road map to success. A fuzz-wah first. A wah or a fuzz possibly.
- - What are the effects or types of effects available?
It's a fuzz pedal and wah-wah, we can use the combined effects or not.
- What technology is used? This is the analogue
- Are they edited? Via an editor Mac / PC? Not
This pedal really well (all chrome) and the production is good quality. It is heavy.
- - The general configuration is it simple?
Two buttons: one to initiate the fuzz and the other wah
This is my first so it's pretty subjective wahwah because I have everything to learn from its proper use. The use of the wah effect is neutral when the pedal is flat. The wah happens when you go up the heel when you release the accelerator as the car. I know the classic wah work in reverse so it can confuse users of long standing. The fuzz is managed by pivoting from left to right is the plate or foot. On the left the effect is at least right at the maximum. There's also a screw behind the pedal to adjust the overall volume. It can therefore be used in boost if desired.
- Sound Quality
- I use this with a telecaster fuzzwah US fender amp and a hotrod. The rendering is really great. The effects are super good. The growth mechanism is quite hard, so to make funky effects like shaft of Issac Hayes is a bit hot (at my level of course). The fuzz acts as a volume pedal which injects a fuzz effect. It's really great. One thinks immediately to the hendrix or ledzep. Perfect for bringing the good feedback vintage at the right time. As in the AF test, which is really cool is this sound that emerges when the wah is engaged fully with the fuzz, it is thought to result from ledzep No quarter. And finally the icing on the cake is that there is a switch that allows to set the fuzz is then wah or vice versa, that really sounds to exploit. In fuzz wah is more aggressive and nasal, with wah fuzz is softer.
- Overall Opinion
- This is my first wah and I have not tried the other. I use it for a week. I was looking for a fuzz at the base and my salesman showed me this pedal. It was a real stroke of heart especially during the test. It not only has class, but the sound is super good in mind vintage year 70. What I like most is the wah and fuzz that can be combined. I think that use stage, once mastered is the big beast killing! (It works the calves). The sound is vintage, the wah does well is being asked without going to extremes and ditto for the fuzz that has a super grain. Paid € 185, I bought it after a sale of sale on deposit amp so I did not feel the hole in the wallet, but I understand that some find it a bit expensive. I think I do it again this choice with the experience because it will quickly become indispensable to me. A really try. If my opinion changes, I'll do an update.