or
Create an account

or

Thread Finally got a legendary Les Paul!!

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Finally got a legendary Les Paul!!
I've always wanted one for a long time but could never afford it. After 6 months of saving I finally had enough to start searching for real. The more I learned about the new models, however, the more off-put I was - what with the crazy prices, tacky vanity aesthetics, price hikes, nonsensical features, even more price increases, degradations passed off as 'new features', etc, all in a matter of months! I really started losing respect for gibson...

Then, this past weekend I found a fantastic classifieds deal on the EXACT type of LP I was looking for, with Lollar Imperials replacing the original pickups. I'm so so sos o sos sos sosos s sosoooooooooo excited!!! I can't believe after months, I found the exact one I was after! And without further adieu, I introduce you to the newest member of my family :lol::lol::lol:

nn3UhJb.jpg

dr3zGlO.jpg
Congratulations, sweet guitar! I especially like how you truly went for what you wanted and did your research, and didn't simply fall for Gibson's ridiculously overpriced and mediocre-sounding factory made LPs of late (which IMHO, aren't worth 1/3 of what they go for, and are only able to charge so much because of their brand notoriety...)
Great finish on that beauty.

I have a strat, tele and LP AKA the trifecta ;)

But to be honest, my PRS custom 24 is the most used guit of them all, with the strat getting the least play. The PRS is simply the most versatile guitar I own. The tele has that irreplaceable twang, hence it's close-second status, but the strat is more for status than sound.

PRS and a tele, the greatest marriage in the guitar kingdom :D:
Wow, that Les Paul is a beauty.