Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
M-Audio Delta 1010LT
Images
1/124
M-Audio Delta 1010LT

Thread m-audio 192, 2496, delta 1010lt or esi juli@ for DAW ?

• 5 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 0 follower
1 m-audio 192, 2496, delta 1010lt or esi juli@ for DAW ?
Hello,

I wanted to setup a small home studio with my soon owned computer (conroe/1gb ddr2), mixer and stereo. Basically I wanted to put in whatever I was recording into the mixer (either 1-12 at once) then via the mixer's analog outputs (I'm pretty sure these are RCA however I'm not sure. They look the same as on any normal HiFi system) I wanted to connect them to the soundcard and then record like that. I know that I could not 'mix' each input from the mixer individually, however can I still mix them if it were a single instrument/mic during recording? (Note: I do not need to record lot's of tracks at once, as I have the time to do do each track for each song, individually. Thus I would not need the delta 1010lt?)

My real problem lies in the different classifications of analog ins and outs. From what I understand and this could be terribly wrong, is that there are two types of analog inputs, RCA and 1/4" TRS also known as unblanced or balanced (and neither are compatible with one another?)
If my mixer was RCA unbalanced output and my soundcard (say it was the m-audio 192) had 1/4" TRS input would this disable the computer from hearing any sound the mixer plays and therefore not work at all?

If that is wrong and RCA out can plug into 1/4" TRS and still sound really good (will it?) then my trouble is now soundcards and what I should buy for quality of build and sound and bang for buck - ESI Juli@ looks pretty good, as do the other cards in the subject, all of them with analog inputs. However, I'm not sure which would be better for my needs - my budget can afford any of the cards. I will want to use ProTools and record guitar,keyboard,vocal and anything else under the sun.

Thanks if you read that and reply in advance,

Regards,

Graham.
Grahm-

Last I checked, Pro Tools requires dediated interface hardware. Unless htat's changed, you'd probably be better off with SOnar of Cubase.

If all you are wanting to do is one or two tracks at a time, then the M-Audio 192 will do nicely. Everybody I know who has one likes it. Good sound, solid operation.

What kind of mixer do you have? I've got a Behringer UB1622 FX Pro that I like a lot. I use it with a Delta 1010, but it'll work great with the 192 also.

So far as balanced vs unbalanced, in general, most gear made these days is designed so that you can mix and match them, however you'll get a lower noise floor with balanced.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
I have PeakAudio (www.peakaudio.com.au) PMA 1260D, they don't have that model on their website these days, it's about 3 years old. It's basically the same as the PMB 1260D. Two RCA outs for recording, 600watt maximum output power, rms. 300watt p/channel. there is EQ and effects. 12 1/4" (TRS or XLR - btw, what is the difference?) inputs both instrument/mic option. cost me a bit, $1100 au.

I think the delta 1010lt is what i want tho. it has Two stereo RCA inputs does it? or are that big bunch of 'rca looking' ins and outs all RCA?

thx
i would go 1010 ! reason being you CAN go back out of your PC into the mixer than back to your PC in cuabse, thus goving you a hands on feel for mixdowns ! (ie.each track would be assgned a fader and you recomrd back to a new audio track in cubase for your final mix). assumingyour desk is pretty good the it should sound great !

plus the 1010lt is basically a 1010 full package without the breakouts. if your going into a desk you dont want the breakouts anyway so your getting a better quality card and better ADDA convertors for not a lot more money. Plus - its looks more impressive having each channel plugged into something from your desk ! haha

just my 2 pence !
I also am just starting a home studio and am having trouble distiguishing what is the best soundcard. Fortunately, I have a choice: a- soundblaster x-infinity or an b- M-Audio Audiophile 192. The soundblaster allows me individual inputs (Platinum edition) and the Audiophile forces me to send everything to a MidiMan Micro Mixer with 18 inputs. For a consumer card the X-infinity sounds pretty good, but I hear the audiophile is better for HD audio. I compose either using my keyboard (Roland RD-150) or use loops /or samples. I have alot of software to help me but haven't learned to use most of it. My host application most of the time is Sonar 5 P.E. and I use either Adobe Audition 2.0 or Soundforge 8. Once in a while I use WaveLab 5 as it allows exclusive access to my Waves Platinum fx. I have everything I need software wise and hardware as well. My frustration comes from having to read so much shit about apps that I may not use. Acid Pro 5 is the best looping software and I have found it quite simple to use. Reason 2.5 is good but fuck I don't have a Ph,D. in audio technology to run it. Can someone tell me where to start and what is the best way to master Rave mixes that I create? Also my system is a P-4 3.0ghz, with 1 gb of ddr, 80 gb/40 gb hard drives with an Asus MB. I'm using xp pro and have it tweaked to the nine's. That computer has never been on the internet nor will it. I can be reached at Soper05@telus.net my logon initials are gjy. Thankx
I have a 1010LT and it is a true jewel. But notice that 10 inputs are 8 analogs and 2 digitals. If you want to use those 2 digitals, it is costly. So in real life it is a 8 inputs. Same comments for the 10 outputs.

Besides that detail, life cannot give better. I recorded a 8 tracks drum part and it is pure joy to mix them back in 2 tracks for the stereo mixdown. The M-Audio interface can do wonders but you rarely need to use it. On the installation of the drivers and software, Windows complains that this software is not garanteed by Microsoft. Keep it going and don't bother, what does Microsoft know ? :D