Fender Bassman 100 Silverface user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- Bassman 100 silver face has evidament lamps, without effects, connectivity can not be simpler, just over 100 watts issued, all settings to what is most useful minimum effort for maximum sound
- The configuration will be more complicated for a penguin or a dork! Ha there is a good manual! The sound that is sought and easily found even without setting the equalizer was déjas THE sound that'll make them turn pale guitarists and drummers! Hummmmmm power when you hold us!
- Yes for haevy I love, with a small Fender deluxe active or all just an Ibanez ATK, saturation (for style) but a warm, round clear
And god knows that the Eleventh Plague make a lot of bass intro!
- Overall Opinion
- I utiise 6 years now but mostly for the studio, on stage it so that shipments must déjas have a room with a volume sufisant lol, for small rooms, I still had my old fidel Pevey TNT 115, I like all the particularitée the fender ....... except its weight!
- Fully amp lamps, 100W, and the strict limits are rglages ncessaire, the connection could not be simpler. No effect on the available amp.
- Versatile amplifier architecture, there branch what you want: Bass, Guitar, Microphone voice, keyboard, bass drum microphone, bass (large focus feedback very serious ),...
To get a good sound just turn it on and plug in a bass and that's all APRS is not quibble with a few pots to fine tune the sound but it works no matter what.
A manual? What is it?
- Depending on the juggling between the master volume and the volume of each channel is a power and a sound that goes from light to crunch. Then we can use the two channels that have quali diffrent to fawn on her.
I personally use the channel by connecting a low precision with low knob 7, 7 knob treble and volume 7 (a 7ender is normal). master 3 or 4 and it is already too strong for my guitar. And the sound is rock and roll crunch is a warm and fun makes me hallucinate.
You can have a trs its jazzy bass by plugging in the active channel in the 2nd between 2 and looking around at the qual.
- Overall Opinion
- I've had 6-7 months is a divine pleasure to use, it is a galre to transport, the head 25 kilos and 50 kilos the cabinet (2x15) a dm nagement each use, the better to have a local ddi and not to move except for the concerts.
is the sound I was looking for more than 10 years but never had the opportunity to test it. I miss him more than an old Hiwatt head and I would be filled.
I had some pre amps, a Hartke, Ampeg and a Gallien Kruger. This amp can do the same thing as the three with its grain and more. A killing.
My grateux I think its the one with Roger Waters.
- All tube amp, made in USA, of course, distributed roughly from 1970 to 1980. Recall that when the Beatles played on the roof of EMI shortly before their separation, McCartney used a Bassman Silverface. So if it's good enough for Macca, it must be good for a lot of bass players ... including me! 100 watts, the real, which allow you to play confidently in group, unless drummer and guitarist decided to orbit the scene ... The connection is reduced to its simplest form, the 70 required: 2 HP, which used to connect a 4 ohm cabinet or two 8 ohms, and that's it! The settings are simple: bass, treble and switch "deep" to boost the bass on channel 1, originally planned for the bass. Low, mid, treble and treble boost switch on channel 2, for guitar.
- Can, if you look closely, find the manual on the net, but is it really necessary? Plug a good bass, both in channel 1 than in 2, and play! I'm not a guitarist, but friends who have tried the guitar would have passed well ... That's the advantage of amps vintage, it is never gas plants, and so much better.
- With this amp, I play rock, pop, blues, ... And the resulting sounds are quite suitable for these styles of music: very warm (normally it's all lamps), but clear. Pushing the preamp, you get a slight crunch in the grave to sully (a little) stuff. The sounds are of course some colorful roots, but the timbre of the bass part that there is this: a Jazz bass, precision, Ric 4001 are perfectly recognizable and valued. Try also with a Stingray, which makes the gear grunt loudly. Small flat, there are much better today than 4 x 12 cabinet home rather soft. But what he is beautiful! It seems that even when the head is transcended on a modern cabinet. A check, then.
- Overall Opinion
- I use this nice amp for 8 months. I also have SWR Workingman 15 combo, an Eden Traveler 300 coupled to a cabinet SWR Golliath 3. All have their own personality: Eden is great for jazz and funk, SWR perfect for portability, and the Bassman for all the rest. His fault: its weight (60 kg cabinet, although the head must do 25 kg), and also the potential fragility of tube amps that do not specifically be handled hot. A little research, you can find all head-cabinet for less than 1000 € now. It is reasonable to finally have one of two icons (with the Ampeg V4B) of the 70 at home ...