[Musikmesse] Midas XL-48
Midas has launched the XL48 ‘digi-log’ mic preamp at Prolight + Sound / Musikmesse 2012, Hall 8, Stand L80.
The XL48 features eight MIDAS XL4 mic pres into a 1U box. The Midas XL48 comes with swept high and low pass filters, eight Midas XL8 96 kHz 24-bit A-D converters and a low-jitter 1ppm clock. Additional features include 8-segment LED input meters, individual phantom power, polarity invert, and -20dB pad. All inputs are Neutrik XLR and 25-way D-sub connectivity.
The XL48 also features both analogue and digital outputs in ADAT and AES/EBU format. All five outputs can be used simultaneously, allowing the XL48 to perform as a multi-function analogue/digital mic splitter as well as adding the Midas touch to eight channels of a mix. Multiple clocking options are available, including external wordclock, internal 96k, 88.2k, 48k and 44.1k.
Applications include mobile recording, analogue and/or digital splits between consoles, and upgrading other brand digital consoles with MIDAS mic pres and a reference-grade clock.
- Eight mic/line inputs featuring classic Midas XL4 mic pre amps
- Classic analogue Midas XL4 swept low and high pass filters
- Individual 48V phantom power switching per channel
- Individual -20dB pad switching per channel
- Individual polarity switching per channel
- 8-segment LED meter per channel
- Midas XL8 ultra low latency 96kHz 24Bit A-D converters
- Supports operation at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz sampling frequencies
- Reference-grade 1 part-per-million (1 ppm) temperature-compensated clock oscillator with external Word clock syncing options
- Parallel balanced XLR and 25W D-Sub input connections
- Driven and buffered balanced 25W D-Sub output connections
- Dual AES3 25W D-Sub output connector
- Dual TOSLINK optical output connectors
- Designed and engineered by MIDAS in the UK
Check out www.midasconsoles.com for more details.