Hammond XM-2 user reviews
- > 120 patches pre-configured
> 8 editable patches
> Extension XMC-2 commands for the different variations of sounds
- > Editing patches very simple and quick
> Quality Manuals
- > Sound "Hammond" in all its splendor
- Overall Opinion
- This expander is simply extraordinary.
I do not have many points of comparison for the moment because this is my first contact with his "Hammond", but the sound is magical.
Manipulations with the XMC-2 are simple and intuitive. It takes its cues very quickly with the duo and XM-2-2 XMC.
Sound level, everything is there: From Leslie in chorus effect, including of course by the "Overdrive", not forgetting of course the famous "Drawbars".
I am really amazed by this little gem.
- It's just the expander MIDI Keyboard Hammond XK-1.
- This is a "regular" keyboard expander (s) = MIDI really is simple to use.
The manual is clear and ample.
For the full apprcier Hammond XM-2 expander, it is also acqurir:
1) A module of MIDI commands (unless possde dj a MIDI keyboard with drawbars) = In other words, a Hammond XMC-2
2) A MIDI expression pedals = Me, I use the expression pedals Roland EV-5
3) A foot control pedals for dclencher Leslie effect (slow / fast) = Me, I use a Roland DP-2 pedals
4) Two-amps keyboards (one right and one left) to reproduce and "dguster" Leslie effect (unless a genuine possde Leslie) = Me, I use two amps Roland KC-350 keyboard + subwoofer Roland KCW-1
- If you really like the sound of Hammond organ and Leslie = DLIR is really ...
Roland seems to me now widely Exceeds his "old" VK8M expander.
A big dtail: The Hammond XM-2 expander was (him) a Foot Switch (dclanchement at the foot of Leslie) .. not VK8M of Roland!
- Overall Opinion
- If you possdez an "old" MIDI keyboard ... sleeping sweetly at the bottom of your attic and you really like the "sound of Hammond organ" + "effects" of Leslie, vibrato, chorus, etc ... etc ... I invite you break the bank and to provide you (or you provide?) the new expander Hammond XM-2 = I can assure you that you will not really ...
Personally I give training. Having kept my "old" Solton MS-10 (MIDI keyboard keys accordion), I do not tell you your exact this happy marriage: Solton MS-10 + Hammond XM-2 is the d = read ... recess if you really love the sounds of Hammond organ and Leslie!
For information and DMOS = www.hammondsuzuki.com
PS: As the new expander Hammond XM-2 is identical to the keyboard Hammond XK-1 = Just listen to the DMOS XK-1 on www.hammondsuzuki.com to get his ide ... the XM-2.