ESP M-II NTB Rosewood EMG - Black user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The M-II is a guitar ESP has made for a while but was not available in America for a long time. This is a real ESP model it is not an LTD. This means that this guitar is made in Japan to ESP's highest specs. Kirk Hammett from Metallica played them for years and years and the only way to get one was to import one or buy Kirks signature model guitar. Now you can get one in America and they are really nice. The neck through models feature dual EMG pickups. It features EMG 81's in the neck and bridge positions. It has an alder body with a neck through maple neck with reverse headstock. The back of the neck is raw which is something you dont find on many neck through guitars. This gives the feel of a bolt on guitar. The fretboard is rosewood and it has 24 extra jumbo frets. It features an Original Floyd Rose locking tremolo system. The controls are a volume knob and a 3 way switch, all you need.
- Superstrats are built to play fast and this one is no exception. The neck through construction means there is no heel to be found and get in your way when playing on the high frets. The neck is super thin and smooth so you can really speed up and down. The fretboard is nice and flat and the jumbo frets let you get a low action and really dig in. I would have preferred an ebony fretboard on a guitar this expensive but rosewood is ok with jumbo frets. The Original Floyd Rose is the original and still the best. Once setup this thing is locked down and will never go out of tune.
- EMG pickups really rip for metal but I am not a fan of the 81 in the neck. The bridge tones on this guitar are super clear. The 81 is a pretty bright pickup from stock so in a neck through guitar with an alder body this guitar is cutting through anything. The 81 in the neck is not a good choice in my opinion. With a guitar this bright you would want to darken up the neck position tones. I would have preferred an 85 in the neck. The 85 would have been good in the bridge also to thicken up the naturally bright tones of the guitar.
- Overall Opinion
- This is a great alternative to a Jackson or something. Since this is a real ESP you are pretty much getting custom shop level quality on this guitar. It is built for speed and metal. The sound the guitar puts out will cut through any mix even with the heaviest gain and the lowest tunings. If you are looking for a great solid metal guitar this is one of the best.
- The ESP M-II neck-thru model is one of the newer ESPs that they brought over to the domestic market. For awhile, people have been asking for a guitar similar to the KH-2 but without the price, and this is the model they came up with. The guitar has an alder body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, abalone dot inlays with a name inlay at the 12th fret, 24 extra jumbo frets, an original floyd rose, two humbuckers, one volume and one three way switch.
- ESP Standard series guitars are some of the best guitars out there for the money, and this is no exception. While it costs more than the standard M-II bolt-on series, it's still a fairly good value, especially used. The fretwork is awesome on this guitar. The edges are rounded properly, and the frets are fairly level. Even with the 12'' radius it has, the guitar can still get some low action without an issue. Given that there's not much to mess up with a neck-thru without any binding, the guitar is pretty much perfect in every other sense. The finish is polished nicely without any runs, and the neck feels great.
- The guitar is a bit on the bright side due to it having an EMG 81 in the bridge and being a neck-thru guitar. One thing about neck-thru guitars is that they have a unique sound, especially in the higher frequency range. This has to do with the maple, obviously. The rosewood helps warm it up a touch, but some people may not like the added bite of the EMG 81 that's in the bridge. That said, it can definitely work, especially for metal. The neck pickup is an EMG 85, and it sounds awesome for powerful lead lines.
- Overall Opinion
- If you're looking for a guitar that's similar to the KH-2 but without the ridiculous price and inlays, this is the guitar you should be checking out. The craftsmanship is top notch, the guitars great and it's not priced too terrible for what you get.
User reviews in other languages
- Made in Japan
Floyd Rose Original
Flat handle 24 cases (the mine rosewood fingerboard)
I have a config with Seymour duncan (I do not like micro active because I think it is not progressive ...)
A three position selector and a volume (as I said in simple ...)
10 because they (or it works too!) Features suit me perfectly!
- The handle is ... magical size you need is access to acute just gnial!
A guitar is easy to turn (a little time to adapt to the positions of the selector and volume relative to normal ... my other guitar in Ibanez)
The sound is powerful trs trs liabilities and precise! That's what I was looking for!
RAS 10 Re ...
- Bon bah it's not done too much for jazz ... but you can do with a good amp (or pre amp / amp ...) almost anything with the settings that go well, the advantage of Seymour is to have a good clear sound!
For it is very well against the metal you'd expect!
I love the sounds recess is the saturated qu'lle excels!
It lacks a little sustain to make it perfect (the floyd is good for nothing but for me it is an essential accessory!)
No worries about changes in pickups, the selector is trs good quality.
Bon bah ... 10
- Overall Opinion
- I have a few months and I am delighted!
I've always dreamed of having an ESP is done and I'm not disappointed!
The neck-thru neck is simply magical (I know I'm repeating myself!)
What I like:
the floyd (I even had my prefried Lo pro edge of my Ibanez Systm thanks to mounting of the bar is set to a quarter of hair!)
The neck thru
Opposite the head gives a little extra
What I like least
It is simple trs (bah yes ... I have to find something!)
Excelente a brief guitar for rock / heavy / metal...etc, I had a hard time finding one with the microphone (much of it ... EMG)
Like I said in the title no frills but it is effective trs!
Brief 10/10 !!!!!!!!!!
- see other reviews, mine has a bolt-on neck
I would have liked a knob tone
- super ergonomics, form strat, cut to the arm and abdomen, very slight.
Access to acute fairly easy, not too thick heel, base of the handle carved in V for comfort. <img class="smiley" src="/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_wink.gif" alt="wink" />
jouabilié level is worse than gibson for example, or the handle is shorter, the touch has nothing to do with an ebony fingerboard.
Here is rosewood, as on low-end guitars, damage, ebony would have been the top.
on the other hand even without the plug, it sounds super accurate, slamming, impressive.
- with its alder body, the guitar has a sound very precise, very clean, always she excels in the middle of the metal, large loadings are his forte, clear sounds are beautiful too, a little flat, with a chorus it is already doing better, but 81 in the handle is best for this, not quite soft and round, on the other hand solo is still very good for the neck position.
I do not mean the bridge position 81, we all know <img class="smiley" src="/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_mrgreen.gif" alt="mrgreen" />
the floyd is very good, very reliable, tend to vibrate a few times, maybe because I'm not used to that gear.
so it's a guitar that sounds very clean and surgically precise, why not give her what she prefers: a mesa correct. <img class="smiley" src="/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_biggrin.gif" alt="biggrin" />
it is war with the best of the best for lovers of big sound accurate, it's really a perfect match.
still loved you it is the grain mesa, very accurate sometimes twangy.
with engl it must do so too, but too dry and expressionless to my taste.
- Overall Opinion
- I had a few guitars before the ones of low-end: ibanez, jackson.
high-end, gibson sg, lp custom ..
I love its looks, ergonomics, the sound it gives off, exemplary finish, not a fault, very good job in Japan, my first ESP and may not be the last, I heard nothing but good and I confirm, next to gibson or finishing is yucky and too expensive.
I regret the lack of a knob tone, or another volume, the remark with a single volume pot is not likely to go wrong.
but the main snag is the rosewood fingerboard, I can not find the height of the guitar, it looks exactly like the one I was on a Jackson RR10 (500 €)
is the main flaw that I found.
otherwise we can say it's a guitar upscale, relatively simple, efficient, a great price: 1400 € or so to handle screwed version and 1600 € for the race driver version.
Personal handle screwed me amply satisfied.
ESP smells really quality.
- Guitar Made in Japan
24 fret high enough relatively large
2 emg 81 times (on my easel 81 and 85 run)
volume and a 3 position switch
run by large (unless the horizon) profile c modern thicker Ibanez unless jackson
- The handle is very pleasant to the touch sleeve type shred like runway perfect for the sweep and other acrobatics
the access to the latest box is extremely simple by the neck constriction thrue
Ergonomics type strat necessarily so good for light weight alder fatigue by playing up in terms of optimal groove depth and position when you put in stomach
is easily obtained good sound c klrrr
- Av music is perfect for such distortion rock metal jazz progressive even against the blue is not possible ms c his favorite c klrrr. she won in Polivalente since I put a 85 in round. I previously had a ltd m1000 frankly it has nothing much in the finish: a config also much Presc m2 on it not bleed I would even say some pretty amazing prescision surtt with 81. I will prepare samples for you to listen to know that I play on a tube 50 a av v 30 and tubes that go, Intellifex 24 bits, tube king compressor, Fulltone fat boost (the old) and it's hard very seriously. curiously is obtained also sounds very pretty clear but it did not shine either a seymour TB4.
all the sounds are good for me
again: I just spent the beast for 18 volt emg c ouarf awesome I do not know how to describe the sound becomes even more feedback the better hot prescision is increased and a small gain by + c so overall the ball to try to emergency that must be very hard on single or double splitable emg
frankly I try every brand of microwave and I'm back to tjs emg what's that box that prescision
- Overall Opinion
- I've had 10 months
I like the surgical prescision the config look easy to play standing
I had layers of the Gibson Les Paul a js 100 (yuck) of ltd (av have anything esp for me) and an esp horizon .... and still full ...
pay 1645 euros she is very happy with against Beware of sites that pro vs model offers such kind c tjs balances are a result CJMS for fun I've paid the price two or more times jms!
I do it again this election is just great for what I'm doing solos
I confess I should like to test the excalibur or above in the original ms vigier fodra of c to give either
ps: I put 10 anywhere perfection does not exist, of course c a whim, not a considered opinion