Ibanez RG320FM - Amber user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The Ibanez RG320FM is one of the more recent import offerings from the company. They built them in a variety of factories but most of them that I've seen come out of Indonesia. It features a basswood body with a nice figured maple top (likely a veneer though) and a maple neck with rosewood fretboard, 24 frets, and the infamous super-thin Ibanez Wizard neck profile. The tuners are standard sealed models, and the bridge is the Ibanez Edge Pro II, a variation on the famous Ibanez Edge bridge of the late '80s. It has two Ibanez Powersound humbuckers mated to a volume control and a tone control with a 5 way selector switch for lots of tonal combinations.
- The design of this guitar is pretty standard for Ibanez. The basswood and maple combination is my personal favourite and it works well on this guitar. It's fairly light and compact. The neck heel is fantastic as usual (the Ibanez AANJ) and the upper fret access is pretty stunning too. The only gripe I have is with the Wizard profile, as it's just too thin for my hands. However many shred players will absolutely love this guitar as it's just a dream to play.
Getting a good sound out of this guitar isn't really difficult. The stock pickups aren't the best in the world, but through a good amp all the frequency ranges come through and produce some great tones, both clean and dirty.
- This guitar is simply an evolution on the classic Ibanez RG, so it was meant to be plugged into a higher gain amp such a Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Peavey or similar. I found the clean tones to be a bit anemic at best... they were a little on the sterile side and though there was a nice sparkle sometimes, I didn't find them convincing enough for funk, blues or jazz work. The drive tones were pretty good for sure. I would prefer the tone of some DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan pickups, but the Ibanez pickups in there do a decent enough job for what it is. The neck pickup has a nice dark quality that is great for leads, and the bridge pickup has a good bite, excellent for rhythms or more articulate lead work.
- Overall Opinion
- All in all I think the Ibanez RG320FM is a decent guitar for anyone looking for a good playing shred guitar on a budget. The basswood/maple combo is my personal favourite and the tones out of this guitar aren't bad either. The bridge holds good tune, the quality is there and it looks pretty classy too. They can be had for about $300 used which isn't a bad deal for a flame top RG, so if you're into that kinda vibe, this one might be worth a look.
- The RG320FM is an electric guitar I am not 100 percent where it was made but it was made in the late 1950s and 1960s. It has 22 frets and three pickups and switches to control each of them. It also has a volume knob and a whammy bar.
- The RG320FM is quite easy to play and the neck has an overall nice feel to it. It is easy to access the top notes and in general feels good on the fingers. This guitar is extremely light in weight and has a really cool shape and overall look to it. It is easy to get a good sound out of it, and has a variety of different types of tones you can get by mixing and matching the three different pick ups.
- The inherent sound of this guitar is clean and definitely sounds like the era it came from. It is perfect for playing 60's rock and roll and surf type of music, but would sound good in just about any situation you wanted to play rhythm guitar. It also sounds good for playing lead, but is probably better suited for rhythm guitar. The clean sound is great, and throwing a bit of overdrive on this always sounds good. While this isn't the best sounding guitar I've ever heard, and it definitely won't rival a Fender Stratocaster or a Gibson Les Paul, the tone is respectable and unique.
- Overall Opinion
- This guitar was the first guitar my father ever bought, so it has been in the family for quite a while. My favorite part about this guitar is simply how cool it looks. The overall vintage look and shape of this guitar is unique and extremely awesome. If you can find one of these used, they won't run you too much and are definitely worth looking into in my opinion, especially if you play a lot of 60's rock and roll.
User reviews in other languages
- - Manche Wizard II 3 parts
- Rosewood fingerboard with 24 frets shown in the points
- Table Maple Flambr /> - basswood body
- Jumbo Frets
- Edge III Floyd Rose
- Micro Channel INF3 in / INF4 in Bridge
- 1 Ring and 1 volume with a 5 position slecteur
For dimensions of the handle and other information on DIFFERENT colors: http://ibanez.com/ There is a MODEL latest issue taken up with shark teeth if the micro level, wood and Floyd c is substantially the same.
- - The handle is it pleasant?
Nothing to say on this point, it is very pleasing. His slides alone.
- CASC to acute (latest freight) is it easy?
LATEST frets in the CHAC is facilitated by the fact that the heel is worked and rounds. Short s a real change compared to the standard stubs and Fender Squier!
- Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?
The guitar is pretty heavy, it's one of his defects. But if you want to play standing up, no problem of balance between the neck and body.
- Do you get easily a good sound ...?
The rglages are very instinctive. One volume knob and in shade with a slecteur of 5 positions.
1st position: Micro Treble. (For crunch and distortion)
2nd: The two microphones Splitter (transition from double to single). (Sound of clapping with stratode)
3rd: Acute Micro and Micro Channel sets.
4th: Neck pickup connected in PARALLEL.
5th: Micro Channel. (Lack of roundness all the same)
- And for rglages?
The least we will play before the rgler. The Edge III regulation of the focus will give you trouble if you wire your nophyte in the world of Floyd. To avoid unpleasant surprises, you have to keep pulling the same strings, otherwise the Floyd not keep its position PARALLEL table. Certainly over time, the strings can wear and put less tension and the springs dtendre, which affect the position of Floyd.
To tune the guitar you will need screws dserrer block-string at the head (without removing them because they can be put in a bad position), and put the Fine Tuner halfway. Normally give: Mechanical with his instrument. When rglage is good, tighten the screws on the blocks and give prcisment string guitar with Fine Tuner.
Once the rgl Floyd dsaccorde very little critter. If the agreement moves a little, Fine Tuner you vitent dserrer of the blocks each rope tuning.
Floyd regulation of the focus (if you're going to the very novice to rgler in the music store closest to you because some are thorough and irreversible Opration as for the truss-rod):
http://vibrato-guitare.audiofanzine.com/apprendre/dossiers/index, page 2, idossier, 89.html ( http://vibrato-guitare.audiofanzine.com/apprendre/dossiers/index,page,2,idossier,89.html )
- - Are they suitable your style of music?
This guitar is primarily intended for the big sound: metal, rock and drive. But if you love peck in styles ruffed, she may have time to troubleshoot some jazzy arrangements on other positions than the bridge.
- With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?
On a Line 6 Spider 2 30 Watt (modlisation).
I tested the amp on lamps in stores and there is an optimal level of nuance and sound. What is the lamp! To get the best capabilities of this guitar, say goodbye to the transistors.
- What kind of sound you get and with what rglages ("crystalline", "fat ",....)?
bridge pickup is made for the saturation of all kinds, large harmonic distortion are well made. The split of the two pickups gives a cluck statode with a clicking sound. For the clean sound, it is best to choose the positions intermediates.
It is not difficult The weakness is the lack of roundness of the neck pickup.
- What are the sounds you prfrez that hates you?
The lack of roundness of the neck pickup ... Otherwise the other pickups are really good. Distortion in the microphone acute dlivre beautiful harmonics with a grain trsmtal. Then the other positions over his destiny in the game''quiet''in clear or crunch.
It is possible to upgrade to a pair of EMG 81/85 for THE sound mtal (I saw it on youtube). Or if you want a warm and rondouill opt for seymour duncan pack, sh-4 and sh-2 is available on Thoman for less than 100. Otherwise you can always find a pair of Dimarzio, Evolution for fans of Steve Vai or tone zone, paf pro, etc. ...
- Overall Opinion
- - For how long have you been using it?
Its been 2 weeks. I had enough trouble with that is difficult rgler Floyd (I know nothing) but now I understand the system. Many, the Dive Bomber dsaccorde do more guitar!
- What is the specific feature you like best, the least?
BMOL small, the neck pickup does not dlivre his round. The ass of the head is a little perch, which denounce it just be a default of sanding. Clean finish.
- Have you tried many other models before acqurir?
I tried a lot of Ibanez in the same price range and is one I prefers.
- How do you report qualitprix?
Quality price ratio 8 / 10 because it's not perfect but not irreproachable either.
- With the exprience, you do again this election? ...
Very little in a year I tell myself, but why would I not buy the MODEL Steve Vai? Srieusement, I do it again this election.
I plan to buy a lamp combo Peavey ValveKing 212 for such exploit the capabilities of this guitar. Then a change of micro intressant be little more challenging if we screw screw sound. I play guitar since 2 years and it is therefore that my replacing the grate Squier Showmaster HSS.
I am satisfied Entirely potential of this guitar, are instinctive rglages can find the sound almost immediately. Satisfesante a sonic palette.
+: The look had the flame maple top, the flat handle typical Ibanez, the configuration of microphones, the floyd.
-: The beast is heavy all the same!
- Well, it has been said, but we will make a quick list of features (with additions and corrections):
- RG Series Standard (mid-range)
- Basswood body / flamed maple top
- Manche Wizard II Maple
- Rosewood 24 frets, jumbo frets
- Edge III locking tremolo
- 2 humbuckers Ibanez Infinity (version "2004" of the guitar): INF3 (neck) and Inf4 (bridge), much better than Powersound (NSDP) present the previous revisions of the instrument.
- Fittings "cosmo black", with the exception of block-vis the strings (black)
- Colors: amber, lavender transparent, transparent gray (mine is amber color)
on the other hand, no, she does not come with cover. Dumoine not my favorite store. Okay, we may well spend a few more for a Roros GOOD cover (style Jaeger).
The standard of very good quality, special mention to the flamed maple top!
I would put property 9 for the simple fact that the headstock does not carry the same "color" that the body (I like the consistency body / headstock), but this feature is reserved for certain model and Prestige I am perhaps a little too finicky sometimes
However, it is still better (in my opinion) to have consistency between the graphical headstock and body. Body with flamed maple top? Ok, so then headstock!
Note max anyway, because "it's worth it!"
5 out of 5 stars
- We will not do it again: handle "highway notes" that will not stick (satin natural finish) body with intuitive interface (requires stratabound) with good notch to easily access the treble.
The guitar is neither too heavy nor too light, while being lighter than my GTA HRG1 ( http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/index%2Cidproduit%2C100064.html ) mahogany (see my opinion ( http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/avis/index%2Cidproduit%2C100064%2Cmao%2Cibanez_rgthrg1.html ) on it)!
At the vibrato is a nice surprise! Contrary to what one can say, with a minimum of maintenance (especially the lubrication of the pivot point between the inserts and knives) that vibrato is perfect agreement, including by taking advantage of the outrageously Vai-eries different.
The only downside is that its color "cosmo black" wear out quickly: - /
After the tuning stability is largely a matter of adjustment. Anyway, I'll change it to an Edge Pro (that of the Prestige), the effectiveness and stability have been repeatedly proven by its users renowned (Satch, Vai and Rondat, among others).
I will not withdraw a half star because of lack of maintenance of color "cosmo black"
4.5 stars out of 5
- Warning: the appreciation of sound, which follows, is intended objective and a summary of the impressions of three different amps:
<ul> Ibanez VBG "ValBee" ( http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/index%2Cidproduit%2C75743.html ) , 100% bulbs (I added the HP port on mine) Roland Micro-Cube ( http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/index%2Cidproduit%2C85534%2Cmao%2Croland_micro_cube_red.html ) , 100% transistors Peavey "Classic 30" ( http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/index%2Cidproduit%2C10081%2Cmao%2Cpeavey_classic_30.html ) , 100% lamp Peavey Triple XXX ( http://tete-ampli-guitare.peavey.guitarplug.com/produits/index%2Cidproduit%2C19335.html ) on a 2x12 "Celestion G12T-75 in </ul>
Ibanez's "Infinity" is not the best microphones that are, but fulfill their function well. The sound is very good or very good (compared to other guitars other brands of the same price range or above), I think. At the same time on a tube amp, it's hard to sound "bad" a good guitar (unless you play poorly and we do not know how awesome sound and live his notes;))
Of course, time will come when a change is necessary ... We'll see what successors will be installed in time.
In short, I do not have to complain: the neck pickup is round / fat very serious, the bridge pickup just waiting to go through a good tube saturation, and intermediate positions allow the fantasies "stratocaster / telecaster "and country music. If you listen closely to the position 4 (between the central and the bridge), you clear sound with the Petrucci (Dream Theater) on "Pull Me Under" dug its a very ethereal, very "twang clang" . It will not sound "Petrucci", of course, but it gives a good clear sound the same style (especially stroke a bit of chorus and some delay / reverb). It has become my favorite for its light arpeggios and phrases.
It must be said, but they are enough microphones to high-output => cruncher can be the channel clear of a tube amp, in taking it well (do not hesitate to bourrines on the strings).
We will not stigmatize these microphones Infinity: good but not excellent, even if they are not highly accurate (it drools a little). Go ... Given that this is not a rental, we will put 8 in the sound!
4 stars out of 5
- Overall Opinion
- I have this nice little guitar since March 2007, bought a favorite to replace my Washburn WG-580 ( http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/index%2Cidproduit%2C39932%2Cmao%2Cwashburn_wg580.html ) asthmatic and arthritic (and has no fishing).
I love everything about this guitar, and above all its beautiful flamed maple top! Immediately, it gives a classy side to the whole.
Originally, it is equipped with D'Addario strings 9-42. That's great, but a bit light for me. Not 9, but the 42: pulling my "minimal" is a 9-46!
Also, mine action was a little high of origin. I had to drop and I changed the strings for 9-46 (Ernie Ball), drawing far more comfortable for me and not "spaghetti" like the three serious 9-42.
I tried a lot of models (all tested on the same tube amp) before deciding:
- Jackson "Randy Rhoads" Korean
- Schecter 006 Deluxe
- Ibanez RG320FM (AM)
This is the Ibanez who won, well above the others. Why? Classy appearance, its features (which, apart from the microphones, have to blush before any model Prestige), comfort, and (somewhere) a sound.
A Q / P flawless, although better pickups would have been preferable. This is not a high-end, we will close your eyes and be expected to have to change them in;)
I would do that choice one day? Of course! I will customize my own, because it is a very good basis for a custom cost: changing / modifying a few elements, we get a custom price formidable (a handful of the price of a Custom Shop).
Go ... Let's be nice! Given the price, features, and quality (after all, excellent) of the beast, we're going to put a 9 Well deserved!
4.5 stars out of 5
- Ibanez RG 320 FM-AM
24 frets, and two micro inf3 Inf4
- The neck is super nice, super slide, access to acute and very easy, the guitar is heavy enough and the settings are very simple to get your sound.
- I play every style of rock of the 60s metal and this guitar and everything was correct.
I play a Peavy 50 watts and is perfect for the sound I'm looking for.
the pickups are great, they can get all kind of sound.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a year now and I am quite convinced, the value for money and great, this guitar a lot better now and that has some scratches € 900.
m'acconpagne it in all my concerts and repeating and it is perfect.
if I had the choice again, it would be without problems.
Made in Korea
Channel 24 cases of type 2 wizard
Both micro and INF3 Inf4 (not great but who have to be MRIT l)
Bridge type EdgeIII (roughly a floyd but homemade).
Volume, Tone 5-way switch.
The finish is superb, mine is blue transparent and it kills everything. The handle slides well and the fact that it also allows any end acrobatics up and down the neck.
9 for the microphones they sound when simpa even better now pending.
- As mentioned above the neck is super enjoyable and boards for the quick game (friend shreders it's all good).
Access in acute trs is good and you get to the box 24 without any problem.
Form? Ben c RG. is not too heavy and at the same time we do not feel like a guitar in the hands of shit. It gives an impression of solidity is not without dplaire when you travel a lot with.
10-because that was the price she is everything he is asked.
- J'ssaye to be quite versatile. I play ska as well as black metal is that scratching is really perfect in order to pass from one style to another without taking the head. Mics even if they do not have the gnial MRIT to be the not to spit the shit like some may say. It sure is not the Di Marzio (I plan to put a tone zone in bridge and an air norton in neck) but people who can not afford to pay the microphones "MARK" have what to do with them.
I use a marshall mg100dfx and looking good with the neck pickup gives a clear sound is raprochant lot of those used by scorpion. A not the neck pickup is split when using the position deuxime slecteur.
For the full, the crunch is not bad with the neck pickup and using the two micro together we can have a lot of noise east ass AC / DC, aerosmtith ...
The bridge pickup for large his destiny fulfilled its function well but no more.
Strongly tone zone because it is true that the bridge pickup is far from being gnial. But as I told her that nothing is better now.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 4 months now
-The price for the quality of bte
-Versatility (although some may be to say)
The -:-microphones (such a fine would still Gratt MRIT even better now)
I got a 500 euro and I think the report exlent quality prices. This is the guitar I had deuxime (THE FIRST silent a washburn X-10 gnial frankly not) and I fell amoureu.
With the same exprience I would buy 2. An Evolution that I was getting into and the other with a tone zone and a norton (go must be plaizir in life)
- All is already said lower
- The neck is super sharp and super easy to access. The shape is exaggerated and I find myself at ca weight does not bother me. The sound is nikel I think.
- I play the Neo-Metal and this guitar suits me perfectly. I play on Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 (head and boxing), I also use a Boss MT-2 (Metal Zone) and I get a song bold.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for one month and it always pleases me most aesthetic level. Price / quality is nothing better I think is the best compared to the money.
I would do is choose I'm sure.
- Corenne guitar rather well over the price
The bridge is floyd rose type easily adjustable nice but a bit "lightweight" use ... (It works just as well by pulling in pushing ..)
Volume one tonalitbr /> The handle is of type thin, flat Ibanez Wizard ...
- I usually handles ibanez, so it is standard .. The key is rosewood, once fed lemon oil has a beautiful appearance trs, rosewood is dense, the handle Saddle 3 pieces is also lightweight polished trs enjoyable ... CSTA is a standard for acute in Ibanez, the guitar is not heavy trs trs is the form R Ergonomic both sitting and standing ..
With regard to the sound, I immediately virtual microphones for ibanez replace them with EMG 81/85
So with the EMG and this guitar sounds perfectly dlivre a wide range of sounds from blues (with typical humbucker crunch pti ..) to hard Mtal ...
on the other hand for clean sounds or the strato tv is not even worth trying
- This guitar is basically a guitar 2em when my main guitar (Ibanez Jcustom) is indispo ...
I was surprised, however, use it as much as my Jcustom because of EMG bluffing ...
The ease of play is my Jcustom identical, starts on the vibrato that I find really "lightweight"
His record is rather the Bold ... but not saturated fatty forcment trs ... the microphone excels on the EMG 85 sounds Vintage ....
I play in a Pod, the microphones can well compensate for the lack of dynamic bousin ...
I dtest clean sounds that are the EMG 81 with no personality, really not great ... All the other sounds are great (for the price)
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 1 1 / 2 months
I love the sustain of this guitar and look ...
I tried almost the entire range RG 24 boxes in the price range of 350 850 euros .. I found the excellent price quality ratio and a proper finish compared to some RG "prestige" bcp + dear
This guitar was bought t 519 euros I installed my EMG immediately for 210 euros I think the price is good quality report
I do not regret my choice ... Except that the cosmo black hardware trend trs wear quickly despite the use of immodr I do rag ....
- For info see below.
- Flat handle enjoyable and does not catch So good Access in no acute problem.
The guitar is neither too heavy nor lgre but correct. She has a beautiful finish and trs guitar in it is very well equilibrated even compared to a warlock ... The only small problem is the floyd is difficult to handle but you get used force.
Cf for the bottom.
- I play mainly mtal and for now it suits my style. I play on an amply bandit 112 and pedals and you get a pretty good sound saturated.
I'm not saying that the microphones are on top but rather correct, but I agree with the change against the same EMG 81 and 85.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for one month which is the more attractive is the finish and color. Which is too bad the pickups are lacking a little punch but otherwise the RG 320 FM is a good guitar for 500.
If I should repeat the choice I would do without problem.
- Made in Korea
24 cases and two Ibanez humbuckers and INF3 Inf4 (bad)
Licensed Floyd "Edge III"
1 volume and 1 tonalitbr /> flat handle, rosewood fingerboard
- Channel moderately enjoyable (action high enough) and request a tour at the luthier and runs APRS
Good access to acute
Guitar TRS Balanced well and finish for the price is irrprochable
While the sound lacks punch carrment (choose two double Dimarzio or Duncan as gots).
The developments over the sound perfectly, but you will not even when the sound of Jem.
- The origins of microphones do the trick for some time but not suitable for metal.
was happening on the van halen, ac / dc finally sounds normment saturated.
I have a peavey 5150 and a PODXT.
No opinion on the sound: microphones origins have t replace 2 weeks after the acquisistion (my opinion would be invalid).
- Overall Opinion
- Over the past year
trslgre and trs is beautiful if Aesthetics new Ibanez floyd Egde III are crappy (excuse the term) over previous lo pro edge II: no holding of agreement (not floyd not back in place so slight detune), the tightening system is lightweight and plutt floyd is hard handle.
I had a jem7wh for 8 years (if not irrprochable sthtique that tired) my opinion is a little radical s'avrer on the RG320.
I also Rg7620 and a radius 540 of the same brand that are two notches above the RG in question.
The report qualitprix Ben for 550 of the same while it's still a good acquisition.
I brought up through the two developments splitable potentiomtre of tonalitpush-push), and it becomes a good guitar trs, trs versatile.
- Page: 1