[NAMM] Arturia KeyStep keyboard & sequencer
Arturia has announced the KeyStep, a portable USB MIDI keyboard with a built-in polyphonic sequencer.
Announced as "a new breed of portable musical tool combining the functionalities of a keyboard controller with a polyphonic step sequencer to control both analog and digital devices", Arturia's KeyStep is many things at once: a portable USB MIDI controller which also provides a musical playing experience, an opportunity to connect some MIDI modules without the footprint of a large keyboard, a device that offers the possibility to control modular and analog gear via CV/GATEs, a step sequencer with polyphonic capability that can sync to your favorite modern and vintage gear… And possibly many other things.
Just have a look at the feature list:
- Arturia’s own Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Arpeggiator mode: Up, down, inclusive, exclusive, random, note order, double up, double down modes
- Sequencer mode: 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Chord play mode
- SHIFT button selection: MIDI channel selection, GATE time, SWING values
- DC jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI connects to computers and our MCC editor
- MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports: Supports 1 pulse per step, 2 PPQ (Korg Volca), 24 PPQ DIN sync, 48 PPQ DIN sync
- Sync select switches: Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/GATE outputs:
- CV supports 1Volt per octave, Volt>Hz modes, Gate output 5V or 12V for modern or vintage gear support
- CV Velo/Aftertouch/Modwheel output
- Capacitive-touch pitch bend and mod wheels
- Each sequence can have 64 steps, each step can have up to 8 notes
- Low power; can be powered by Apple iPad® (camera connection kit required)
Arturia's KeyStep is expected this Spring with a MSRP of €119/$149.99.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Slate, Scuffham announce partnership Slate Digital has announced a partnership with the makers of the S-Gear virtual guitar amp collection, Scuffham Digital.
- [NAMM] Slate Digital Virtual Preamp Collection Slate Digital has released the Virtual Preamp Collection, a set of two classic preamp emulations to be used in the developer's Virtual Mix Rack.
- [NAMM] Waves models Abbey Road's plate reverb Waves Audio has announced the Waves Abbey Road Reverb Plates plugin.