Fame DCT-200 Multi-Power Supply
Fame DCT-200 Multi-Power Supply
WiR WiR

«  Very good but not perfect »

Published on 08/08/14 at 13:59
I use it for 2 years now.
It comes with a full tank was super package of cables, even reversing polarity (yes there is!), Cable color to differentiate (it avoids hook a 9v pedal in a hurry at an output 12 for example ...). We even have the old plugs jacks with EHX pedals.

The dipswitchs are super convenient to have several 12v outputs. It's really useful for anyone using overdrives that respond better than 9v 12v (if they support the 12v or they crament !!!).

Everything is explained on the back of the PSU.

Me me she used to feed 10 pedals.

A 9 pedals no buzz.

10 pedals a slight buzz. Whatever the pedal plus pedal consumes mA plus the buzz is big.
So I put a battery with an adapter (battery / jack) on my wah. A wah food that does nothing so the battery stays long ^^.

So yes outputs are isolated, but apparently there may be some problems as indicated these discussions forums:

"The Fame sold at MusicStore which is none other than the Biyang Pedal Power ...

bbrunskill wrote
sopachrga wrote
For some more scientific testing.
I just checked all the connectivity betweens outputs with a multi meter.
On the T-Rex supply, there is no connectivity betweens Any of the pines or Any of the outside rings.
On the Biyang supply, all of the pins HAD full connectivity (read 0ohms on my multi meter) and the outside rings Would register a burst at about 5kohms at first touch Within a second Then go to no connectivity.

So, I do not know what That means clustering, drank It May tell someone something.

That means clustering is what the unit is NOT isolated. The unit HAS shared ground. The five ohms That Suggests That drops Each output is regulated. Does not this mean the unit is crap, it just puts in in the bracket with the Dunlop DC brick, Brick Artec, OneSpot and --other a-isolated units. I emailed to ask Biyang, and WAS Told the unit was "100% isolated and can do anything the Pedalpower 2 can '
This is completely Call incorrect information from 'em. ".

After these dates there are discussions of a few years. After is it true is it true.

I also read on another forum a guy who measures the voltage outputs of Fame DCT-200.
Apparently it would not be on the 9v but the 8.3, 8.5, 8.2, 8.7 etc ... As a stack anything.
After do this is normal or not ... Yes I think (regular 9v is quite rare and expensive). Is it a problem for you to judge.

Anyway, after it cost me € 39. She did her job really well until the 10th pedal (a does one need 10 pedals ... No I do not think but hey, it's going to force-feed me and I will reduce).

It is great provided cables were wide possibility of voltage, the maximum mA for 250 on outputs 5 and 6 (otherwise it's 100ma 9V). We even have a 12VAC and 12VDC one.

It is a little big, but for me it fits in my pedalboard, even at the top.
And it's true that the entrance of the IEC power plug is a bit fragile, do not shoot like a nag or it may break.

Good paint is not better, but seriously it is important to feed the pedals?

In short, you get more than you pay for the switch 115v / 230v is convenient for traveling musicians (and yeah).

If I bought it I liked it for its isolated outputs, its many output, its price and its potential for various voltages.

After if I ever tested another power supply with the other power my pedals sound better or anything, I would come to EDIT.

Remember not you reconnect the DCT-200 to an outlet that gives a good electricity.
So avoid the Strip cascading 10 and plugged the DCT on the 11th multi-outlet right next to the port on your receiver. Because that Voodoo Lab or not, € 200 or € 39, it's never good.