Takamine TAN16C12
Takamine TAN16C12
Grebz Grebz
Publié le 12/05/07 à 14:14
Electro-acoustic 12-string. Made in Japan.
It has 20 frets.
CTP1 preamp with integrated tuner and standard settings (low, mid, hi, volume) and a button Cooltube ', that can heat up the sound and improve sustain.
Quality is at the rendezvous, varnishes are beautiful and the case in which it is sold is nice too.

The handle is wide enough and fortunately, since it is a 12-string. As I have big fingers, it suits me more. The frets are not too high and the handle slips out easily, which makes the movement of the left hand fast and comfortable.
Access to acute is greatly facilitated by the form 'cutaway' the guitar (this was also part of my search), but it is difficult to make a crossed beyond the 12th box. Already there, it's not very comfortable, but still attainable. After, it will be thinner fingers than mine. Otherwise, high notes are available until the 20th and final cargo for strings, it's a bit more difficult for strings.

The ergonomics of the guitar is good. It is relatively light, this is not a jumbo, so the body is not too big. It tends to sting a little bit of the nose (the handle is heavier than the cash?), But sitting, which is fine. And standing, you get used to holding such a manner that compensates for the pendulum effect. This is not a disqualifying criteria.
Once connected, I have no trouble finding a sound that suits me, the settings are simple and a little trial and error, we quickly found the sound is pleasing. It's just a matter of personal taste.

Practical detail: this guitar has a tuner built into the body of the guitar. Very convenient. Anyway, it hardly ever tune. My Fender Start is easy to tune with changes in temperature, but my Takamine, almost never! Yet they are in the same room: my two favorite guitars in fact share the same double-guitar based, back to back :-)

I play pop / rock / folk and electro-acoustic 12-string was missing in my 'collection' (in addition to an electro-acoustic 6-string and electric).
The sound of a 12-string is hot, rich, deep. In rhythmic accompaniment, especially in open chords, the sound is enveloping. I love it.

I use it only rarely amp. I played in acoustics, fingers and pick. In the first case, the sound is slightly muffled but deliver only pick harmonics have varied. That said, this is the case with any other guitar (I have short nails, so I do not play with ...).

With a pick, the sound has more presence, it is much (much) more powerful, more nuances are apparent and the sound becomes more wealth. The guitar really takes its full dimension. The neighbors appreciate less, spent some time :-)

Cords sold with the guitar are quite firm, and the game is fast experiencing blocked. When we used to play on an electric, you have to beef up the left hand! There are still 12-string to press ...

The strings have a nice sound, very metal, they do not curl, it's a no-fault.
My other electro-acoustic 6-string (a Seagull) seems very stale now, after 10 years of loyal service. The same chords on one then the other take on another dimension with 12 strings.

It is now seven months that I have (acquired in May 2007, we are in December).

I love its sound, its looks, comfort gaming

I tried several models of different brands, but it is very difficult to find because demand does not look huge. I was looking for a specific model dreadnought, cutaway, with a handle large enough for my big fingers and I did not find a guitar that brings together all my criteria available in stores. I wanted to avoid the first price for a quality as high as possible. I finally found my happiness at Thomann in Germany with this model that I have found anywhere in France. So I ordered, taking the risk of buying without trying it ... and I am fully satisfied. I paid 1425 euros anyway, so at that price, we are entitled to have a certain quality, which is the case. The value seems rather justified because it is a pleasure to play on this guitar.

I would do probably this choice, except to find even better in a similar price. But its comfort, its acoustic qualities, aesthetics I agree fully. Faultless as far as I'm concerned.