KRK Rokit Powered 6
KRK Rokit Powered 6

Active Monitor from KRK belonging to the Rokit Powered (1st Generation) series.

Anonymous
Published on 11/09/08 at 08:00
Monitoring proximity.

The connection is sufficient Jack and XLR symtriques, Cinch assymtrique. Rglage volume and balance of treble.

Made in China. The exterior appearance and apparent finish are excellent. But if you open the beast is less impressive and discovers the reverse of the medal in the manufacture of the cabinet (retouching the hard, rough dcoupes, materials means double face to hold the mask, etc ...). The electronics are in rather doing well in appearance. But hey, should not expect a miracle with that Chinese manufacturing. The exterior as remarkable, choose what is ultimately what matters most in this price range (you can not have everything).

SONORITS

I use them for over 2 years for electronic music (in my Yamaha AW4416 monitor).

I find them very serious round, very flexible. The bass drum and bass are difficult to calibrate in these conditions because me who just loves the soft sounds that level, I do not work enough and suddenly I find myself rather mix with "hard" during ' a listening to other audio systems. The neutrality looks better in the treble. Level definition, the RP6 prcises are no more. The stro image is correct.
I still feel that even forgive a lot of flaws to global. But I may not be used either in the right power range. My pice is quite small (35m3) so the noise level I need, quite low. It is very possible, that higher volume, the balance is substantially better and that roundness in the bass (too pleasant) does attnue or disappears.
For a while I mix too serious, because I suddenly discovered after the effective bass reflex effect was good 2 meters away (almost 3). So remember to install them far enough from your point of listening.

I have not any particular pest problem, even with a assymtrique signal. Very proper.

NOTICE GLOBAL

I do not have a big experience of listening to this kind of speakers. But I think I should maybe 5 "instead of the 6". Overall, I am satisfied, but I have all the same great desire to recycle (possibly after having found something more neutral and cold) enclosures "hi-fi" because of their strong round pleasant my ears (without pjoration).

There is everything in this price range, the best and the worst. But these are all the same KRK generally closer to the best. Pregnant rendering sound certainly rather typ but very good quality for the price (<400 pair).