PreSonus Eris E8
PreSonus Eris E8

Active Monitor from PreSonus belonging to the Eris series.

G²

« Very good for the price »

Published on 11/21/13 at 12:43
Features available at the Presonus website and also in the review by Audiofanzine.

I was looking for some not-too-expensive monitors with an 8 incher to avoid having to use a subwoofer.
I use them to listen to music at home.

Very good sound. The speakers seem well-balanced to me. Clear and precise highs. Mids not too upfront. The speakers have a good dynamic response and perform very well with all types of music.
The stereo image is okay.
No annoying coloration.

But it's still 2-ways only...

I've been using it for two and a half months. I also listened to other models by Yamaha (HS8), Prodipe (TDC8), Focal (CMS)... The Eris 8 seem to be the best value for money by far.

What I like best is the numerous controls, the plentiful connections, the excellent sound for speakers this price.
I still haven't found something I don't like about them...

I would definitely buy them again because, even if spending a bit more, I'm not sure I would find something better.