Tapco S8
theaudioandvideoguy theaudioandvideoguy

« dont play too loud »

Published on 05/30/12 at 23:03
The Tapco S8 are a set of monitors that are great for home use. Especially if you room where you will have them in is pretty small. I have used these off and on for about 5 years now in a room that is 10 by 10 and they continue to work great and cause no problems at all. You must keep these at a middle volumn and not turn the up too much. They seem to get a real sloppy sound when you turn them up high. So if you don’t blast your music and you have a small room where the sound doesn’t travel too far you will love the sound of them. Most importantly is the price of them, they are very affordable and as I stated they will last you a long time.

I have used them in a larger room in the basement a few years ago and the sound just wasn’t good enough when they are being played loud in larger spaces. The sound was really muddy like and didn’t work for me so I kept it in a small room to eliminate that muddyness. I have tried tons of different monitors and not saying these sound better than most of them. But as far as price and value you wont get much more in todays music world.

Overall, I am glad I made the purchase and got these years ago. I still use them with my laptop and small audio interface today and will continue to use them as long as the hold up for me. These are some of the only Tapco monitors that I have used, I have maybe used 1 or 2 other types from Tapco. Tapco makes pretty good monitors but nothing that will blow your socks off. If you are on a small budget these will work for your set up.