RCF SUB 718-AS
RCF SUB 718-AS

Active subwoofer from RCF belonging to the SUB series.

djmrjack djmrjack

«  Lower punch frank and assured »

Publié le 12/20/10 à 14:24
1. OPINION GLOBAL
I would note that this analysis is related to the choice of speakers used with the top cabinet.

That's my 2 tests.

Rather quick and not exhaustive.

1st TEST:
I'm listening in 2 places

1-In the living room instead of a box home cinemas.

2-In my barn in the center on an area of 4m wide and 10m to 10m behind, height 8m corridor ... one might say.

In 1-cabinet home theater:

I am willing for my future adopted the cinema hall, he goes down well with the potatoes and reserve it reacted incredibly well, the walls vibrated and my typant too!

2-As for the tests (normal) with Top LEM T5A:

So I tested the 718-AS with and without coupling of 80 and 120hz

The LEM has a DSP and several integrated curve adjustment with a cut at 100Hz.

In Top-coupling cutoff has 100hz and a 120hz cabinet, and the result rather uniform if I make the Top, I also tested with a single LEM and the RCF and well c immediately better and more balanced.

In Top-coupling in Full and cabinet to 80Hz, I even ask if it works, so the discrete were made, but after mounting the power it does help my top on the lower frequencies.

In Top-coupling in Full and cabinet has 120hz, c still better, that I have made a super low on the LEM, and the result Lower punch frank and assured.

Conclusion first:

Top cut has 100hz and 120hz RCF; 2 Sub should send strong because it looks like the LEM p'tites not. So I do not use this config pence priority. (Strongly 2nd 718-AS)

My favorite pairing for the moment and Top in Full and Sub has 120hz, it was the dynamics of my top and gives the fish to the set desired.

It has a very good distribution on the 120hz,

The 80Hz and less suitable for my config.

With dynamic and I find it short (I was expecting more especially) with a feel not too down in the sub, but it's sufficient for my use and do not disappoint me.
2er TEST:
In the evening, hexagonal room of 120m ²

Make coupled TOP cabinet is full and 120Hz
Caisson in position 50cm from the central stage and TOP spacing of 5m by both sides ..

Well there is nothing to do with the first configuration before, the absence of wall on the back is for something.

The knock-it strong and hard, the lack of major infrastructure is in no way penalized for it goes down very well and reproduces the low cons of jazz music recorded live in an incredible way, that does not drool c clean.

-On his electro slap it hard,

2em Conclusion:

After listening to my TOP balanced sound with a single 718AS.
The dynamics and the appointment as I wanted and it's a surprise, after the first test which had me put on the reserve.
_How You judge the quality / price?
very good
_with Experience, you do again this election?