Valhalla DSP ValhallaRoom
ValhallaDSP announces the release of ValhallaRoom for OSX (AU/AU64/VST/RTAS).
ValhallaRoom is a true stereo algorithmic reverb. It features several reverberation algorithms and has been designed to produce reverberation sounds including small ambiences, warm rooms, halls, plates, cathedrals, and into the void.
- Early reverb section allows user to dial in bursts of early reverberation energy, as well as gated reverbs up to 1 second in length.
- The Late section produces reverb decays ranging from 0.1 seconds to 100 seconds. The decay can be controlled in 3 adjustable frequency bands.
- Both Early and Late reverb sections have adjustable modulation, to produce sounds ranging from chorusing, to long decays.
- ValhallaRoom is true stereo. The Early and Late reverb sections are both stereo-in, stereo-out. The spread of energy between the stereo channels can be controlled over time, which is designed to help preserve the input spatial image.
- The GUI is inspired by Joseph Müller-Brockmann, NASA control panels, and Sesame Street (?).
- A preset browser is designed to help with saving, recalling and sharing settings.
- Four original reverberation algorithms:
- Large Room – designed to emulate big rooms with a wide spatial impression, with “detuning” modulation
- Medium Room – sparser than Large Room, with a more random modulation
- Bright Room – a reverb, with modulation and a slower attack
- Large Chamber – a decay with consistent high echo density and detuning modulation
ValhallaRoom has been designed from a psychoacoustic perspective. Instead of creating a simplified physical model of a simplified physical space, VRoom generates early and late acoustic energy designed to provide the spatial and phase cues needed to create an “idealized” room impression, according to the company.
Viewers of this article also read...
- New Loopmasters Label Drum and Bass trio Aquasky have teamed up with Loopmasters to launch a new sample label called Monster Sounds.
- iZotope updates RX to v2.01 iZotope has released version 2.01 of RX, a collection of audio repair tools for Windows and Mac.
- Slate Digital Trigger 1.65 Trigger 1.65 is now available.