Empty Room Systems EMpTy 250 v2
EMpTy Room Systems has announced that version 2.0 of the EMpTy 250 reverb plug-in will be released on the 1st of November 2010 for Windows as a VST effect plug-in.
The Mac OS X AU and VST version is under development, this version will use iLok protection and will need the iLok dongle.
The original hardware EMT-250, that the reverb is based on, audio lovers praise for its warm and lush reverb. ERS identified its specifics and reinvented the sound in a modern technology tool.
The EMpTy 250 reverb has been updated with:
- New and smaller User interface.
- A carefully designed 14 pole input/output filter combined with a steep sweepable high-cut filter.
- An improved classic algorithm that is more transparent and has improved mono compatibility.
- An extra modern algorithm. This setting is specially built for melodic instruments. It sounds a bit repetitive on percussive sounds, but on guitar, piano, etc. it sounds much richer than the vintage algorithm.
- 5.1 sound support , with volume control on every channel.
- A new front/back switch. In 5.1 mode it also reverses the front and surround channels.
- An installer that helps with installing and uninstalling the plug-in. The installer will add the plug-in to the VST directory and will create a shortcut for the manual.
- Presets and a presets handler, so it is easier to start working with the EMpTy 250.
- Numerous bug fixes.
The update to version 2.0 is free for all the existing official 1.0 owners.
Pricing & Availability
For new customers it is available for €149 at www.emptyroomsystems.com.
The update will be available for purchase on 1st of November 2010. ERS will provide a limited functional demo along with audio files showing the sound of this updated plug-in.
Viewers of this article also read...
- DangerLoops Drake Studio Drum Sample Kit DangerLoops introduces “The Drake Studio Drum Sample Kit”, the newest pack in their Hip Hop Collection a 10-part artist series.
- Virsyn iVoxel for iOS v1.3 VirSyn has updated iVoxel for iOS to v1.3.
- The Lower Rhythm Noizdumpster The Lower Rhythm has released Noizdumpster, a VST instrument synth plug-in for creating glitchy, pulsating and looping, siren-like drones.