Apogee Rosetta 800-192k
Apogee Rosetta 800-192k

Analog/Digital Converter from Apogee belonging to the Rosetta series.

Publié le 07/23/09 à 17:59
The Apogee Electronics Rosetta 800 192K is an analog to digital converter in the form of a rack mountable piece of gear.  It has all sorts of connections in the back for ADAT, AES, and analog.  There are a ton of possibilities with the Apogee Electronics Rosetta 800 192K, but I use it mostly for converting digital audio in a Pro Tools HD system.  I don't always take advantage of the 192 K sample rate, but it is nice that you can go up to that sample rate if you desired.  I usually set it on analog and use it at 96 K or 48 K and I find that these options work great for me, but for those who use 192 K, this is a great unit to have around.

I've been using the Apogee Electronics Rosetta 800 192K for about a year and half and I really love the clean signal that this produces.  It is the perfect analog to digital converter in my opinion as it has all of the bells and whistles and still does a great job of converting the signal.  It always comes out super clean and I can never tell that anything has even been converted because it is so smooth.  To me, the Apogee Electronics Rosetta 800 192K is just about as good as it gets in an A to D converter that you can get, and you definitely pay the price for it as this isn't a cheap piece of gear.  Because of the decently heavy price tag, I would really only recommend this to professional studio owners or to those who are looking to spend a decent amount of money for a converter that will last them for a long time in their home studio.  I've come to trust the entire line of Apogee Electronics converters as I've never had any issue with any of them and they always do their job incredibly well.  The bottom line is that the Apogee Electronics Rosetta 800 192K will converter your audio with pristine brilliance and I highly recommend checking it out.