Behringer Eurorack MX602A
Behringer Eurorack MX602A

Analog Mixer from Behringer belonging to the Eurorack series.

FP User FP User
Published on 10/31/08 at 16:00
The mic. pre-amps are great, you get a really high out-put, with &quot;ultra-low noise&quot; just like it says on the tin. The eq's are fairly musical, sweeping mids would have been nice, but heh! Six channels in all, though two are mono and shared with the mic. inputs(also mono). Theres a stereo aux send/return, and also phantom power for the mics.

Price paid

£75.00

Its so easy to use, any one familiar with a half decent stereo could figure it out. My only problem is that it has knobs instead of sliding faders for the master and channels. I just set it up plugged in and recorded till my heart was content(ish). This is a great mixer for anyone who can only spare a small area, or if you aren't planning to record an entire band with it. Though a three piece might be ok!

The sound is incredible for the price, I record mainly vocals and acoustic guitars through it, mixing the pick-up and the miked sound for the guitar and generally a straight mic for the vocals. The sound is consistently good for all applications that I've used it for.

The components used are boasted as the same that are in all there models, just on a smaller scale I presume. It is a durable little thing, I accidently dropped a fairly heavy container on it, which hit the knobs full on, leaving it without a scratch. It is ideal for the singer song writer / recording artist in a sense that it is portable and could be easily put in a bag with some mikes and a minidisk player to record gigs or for more serious location specific recordings (as long as theres a power supply).

The difference that this mixer has made to my recordings without breaking the bank is too great to express. For the enthusiast on a budget the only mixer I've seen that comes close is the spirit folio notepad which retails at around £50.00s more than I paid for this and I think that I was overcharged by a twatty salesman, but I'm still rather joyfull over my purchase.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Unknown ( 7-, 2002)