Behringer Eurorack UB1002
Behringer Eurorack UB1002

Analog Mixer from Behringer belonging to the Eurorack series.

FP User FP User
Publié le 10/31/08 à 16:00
I have not seen a better, cheaper, more portable, not to mention versatile, board. It has become and absolute necessity to my Behringer Eurodesk MX2442A.

This is where the UB1002 has proven itself to be a smart investment.
Here are the specifications that come directly from behringer:
•Ultra low-noise ULN design, highest possible headroom, ultra-transparent audio •2 new state-of-the-art, studio-grade IMP “Invisible” Mic Preamps with:
o130 dB dynamic range for 24-bit, 192 kHz sampling rate inputs
oUltra-wide 60 dB gain range
oLowest possible distortion 0.0007% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
•Effective, extremely musical 3-band EQ plus switchable low-cut filter on all mono channels
•10 balanced high-headroom line inputs with +4/-10 level selection on all stereo channels
• State-of-the-art 4580 operational amplifiers provide lowest noise and distortion—better than 4560 op amps
•1 post fader FX send per channel for external FX devices
•Peak LEDs on all mono channels
• Main mix outputs plus separate control room, headphones and stereo tape outputs
•Tape inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
•FX to control room function helps to monitor effects signal via headphones and control room outputs
•Switchable +48 V phantom power for condenser microphones
•Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper ALPS® master fader and sealed rotary controls •External power supply for noise-free audio and superior transient response
•Extremely rugged steel construction ensures long life even under the most demanding conditions
•Manufactured under ISO9000 certified management system

Price paid: $79.99 USD

First and foremost, I use the 1002 when I need to go on location and record radio spots. It allows me to give the presenters everything that they would have in a studio, without carrying around all that weight of a studio board and still get the studio quality sound. Next, I am able to use the aux sends of the mx2442A and have 1 to 8 separate mixes directly into the ub1002, which is connected to my laptop via an external 24 bit sound card, that allow me to have more control over the mix into my laptop.

The sound quality is great on all of my previous projects, but this new addition has made recording more versatile and allowed more “fine tuning”, that makes the sound quality even better. This board is not only good for recording or mixing sound, it has also been a great help to me, as a musician, also. I am a drummer as well as a recording engineer, and I am very picky about my headphone mix. I use the 1002 to control my own monitor mix from my drums without worrying about getting the sound techs attention, and trying to give him hand signals on what to turn up or down. So you see, this is an excellent board with endless uses.

As you can see, this mixer is very impressive for its size and price. If you do not want to spend big bucks on equipment, but still need the quality and versatility, this is the board for you. I highly recommend the ub1002 even if you do not need it now; you will at some point need what this board provides.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Unknown ( 7-, 2003)