Phonic AM 440
Phonic AM 440

Analog Mixer from Phonic belonging to the AM series.

jeangusyoung jeangusyoung
Publié le 11/22/08 à 15:41
- Is the rack?
I know nothing, and then what good Racker a mixer like that?
- How many lanes, bus, auxiliary sends, returns ...)?
Ben 12 channels, but actually 1, 2, 3 and 4 are mono and there after 5 / 6, 7 / 8, 9 / 10 and 11/12
In a departure from a REC OUT and 2T RTN
- What type of connectors (RCA Jack, XLR ...)?
Apart from the REC OUT 2T RTN who are in the CAR, the rest is 6'35 jack and XLR (Units 1 to 4)
- The parametric equalizer is it?
The 3-band EQ on all 4 slices raw and nothing on the last 4. She is so small that we should not ask too much.
- The effects section is integrated? ...
On my AM440, there is no multi-purpose. Anyway I did not need it.

- The general configuration is simple?
Even simpler because it exists?
- The usual functions are they easily accessible?
Overall yes, but it's still a little tight.
Anyway, now that my levels are set, only the MAIN fader, the CTRL RM knob and switches 2T RTN TO ... will be used.
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
I have not read a lot so it's easy to utiisation. The only page I have looked at least 30 times to make sure it would be appropriate to use that I wanted to do is the Block Diagram.
Only 8 / 10 because a few inches taller knobs for airing all were welcome.

- The console is transparent?
Somewhat yes.
- Introduced she breath?
I have not heard ... it would surprise me ... Moreover, not since the beginning of a recording I have two measures to empty the meters of Sonar3 do not move a hair.

In fact with my guitar is super clean. A little less with my condenser microphone that requires phantom power, but ultimately it is quickly corrected.

- The equalizer is it effective? ...
Okay maybe not the very best, but it is a small console to 90/100 €

- For how long have you been using it?
That is now 3 weeks since I
- What thing do you like most/least about it?
Ascending
These small switches 2T RTN TO MAIN CTRL RM and I was really out of penury.
And I like the blue LED that indicates it is turned on. It gives a nice atmosphere in the cabinet where she is.
The -
Like the Yamaha MG10 / 2 I had before, I would have liked a meter with more LEDs, and a double connector jack / RCA for the last 4 installments.
- Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Before I had bought a MG10 / 2 Yamaha which was not suitable for computer music. The lack of buttons routing 2T RTN was very regrettable.
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
For its price it meets my needs and finally takes up little space.
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
Without a doubt, but I was also very interested in a TAPCO MIX120.
Edit 1 year after resale ah! If only the phantom had not bothered with that hum, I'd still! Some days I miss her a bit.