Korg microKORG XL
Korg has officially announced a new addition to the microKorg family, the microKORG XL.
This latest model boasts Korg’s powerful RADIAS/R3 derived MMT Multi Modeling Technology, as well as a powered-up vocoder. The updated ROM includes PCM data for recreating in-demand vintage keyboards such as piano, electric piano, and clav.
Externally, the microKORG XL boasts a new vintage design with a textured black body and industrial silver panel. The interface has also been enhanced, making it easier than ever to use. Sound selection is controlled by two large dials; three smaller knobs allow the main parameters to be easily selected. The newly-developed mini-keyboard is firm and responsive for even greater playability.
microKorg XL Main features:
- “New vintage design” is both fresh and nostalgic.
- Korg’s MMT Multi Modeling Technology, optimized for the microKORG XL.
- Sixteeen band vocoder for voice controlled effects. A gooseneck microphone is included, so you can begin vocoding right away.
- 128 powerful sounds are built-in and ready for immediate use.
- Intuitive sound selection; simply specify the music genre and instrument category.
- Seventeen KAOSS derived effects.
- Newly developed natural touch mini keyboard is compact, yet easy to play.
- Editing software can be downloaded from the Korg website, as well as converted MS2000 and microKORG programs.
- Battery powered for on-the-go enjoyment.
Korg states that the XL will be available in early 2009.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Roland Fantom-G Update Roland announces the release of the latest system update for the Fantom-G workstations. Version 1.20 adds new enhancements to the Fantom-G that include 1GB RAM support and new Auto-Track functionality.
- Analogue Solutions Leipzig-k Analogue Solutions introduces Leipzig keyboard version.
- Yamaha TYROS 3 keyboard workstation Yamaha releases TYROS 3: its latest keyboard workstation...packed with features.