Revox G36
yannig yannig

«  Perfect for the connoisseur »

Publié le 04/09/11 à 09:13
I have my first G36 for over 10 years, I can not remember exactly. I especially like its sound, but the aspect of "oldies" I like it well too. Like its relative hardiness less, but you can not have it easy!
I also know well the A700 B77 PR99 qqs and others, and I admit that the G36 gives me particular pleasure, perhaps due to the tubes. In fact, I still feel that the sound quality leaves (or does?) All pass with the richness, nuance, density, openness, but without harshness or any stiffness.
On these old equipment, we can have some pbs reliability (usually it's pretty easy to repair). Especially want to selenium diode bridges, should be replaced by silicon with a series resistance to maintain the same tension.
Realignment is necessary with modern bands, which perform better than the official specifications, bandwidth, max level, S / B is frankly above.

The value for money is often interesting, and being patient, you can find great prices.

Now I have 2 functional, maybe soon 3. I use it mainly for mastering.
Well, I still dream of a C37 ....

Just an idea would be to use patterns of C37 in the G36, while turning the amp and the loudspeaker, to have room. Big changes in perspective, but certainly a nice improvement too.