[Musikmesse] More on the Eowave Magma
More details have been revealed on the Eowave Magma at the Messe.
The Magma is an analogue bassline synthesizer inspired by classical synths from the 1980s. It offers the possibility to mix 4 different waveforms (saw, square, sub, noise). The 24 dB low-pass filter is also inspired from classical filters from the 80s.
To this particular sound of the 80s, Eowave says they've added a touch of modernity with modern controls and parameters saving features. The 16 steps sequencer has 4 rows: 1 for the notes and 3 freely assignable to a parameter of your choice that enables to create sequences "with sonorities like Vince Clark or Jan Hammer."
- Analogue VCO with square saw sub (sub can be 1 or 2 octaves below the master freq), noise.
- VCO can be modulated by LFO and PW
- Variable glide
- Mixer to mix the 4 waveforms
- Full analogue VCO, filter, VCA.
- External audio with a trimmer to feed the filter
- 24dB low pass filter roland style for a classical 80s sound
- Filter can be modulated by env2, KB, lfo.
- Vca is affected to env1
- 2 envelopes ADSR modulate respectively the amplitude and the filter.
- Attack goes from 2ms to 10s.
- LFO with 8 waveforms (triangle, ramp up, ramp down, square, random, digital noise, staircase up, staircase down)
- Audio in
- Audio out
- MIDI in
- USB (for software update and MIDI in&out)
- 16 steps sequencer with LED
- 4 rows: 1 row controls gates and notes.
- 3 other rows are freely assignable to any parameter of the front panel.
- You can transpose the sequencer with an external MIDI keyboard.
Spring 2012 (In a month or so)
You can find Eowave at Hall 5.1. booth A80A in Frankfurt's Musikmesse.
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.