< Tous les avis Epiphone Masterbilt MB-500
Epiphone Masterbilt MB-500

Banjo from Epiphone belonging to the MB series

didier31 didier31
Published on 12/17/05 at 01:01
Banjo "rsonator" 5 cordes.Fabriqu in China in the new plant GIBSON. REMO head United States. Manufacturing quality impeccable. 3 ply maple body. Maple neck. Hardware dor. Two "Coordinating rods" Paisses good (and heavy!).
Delivered in hardcase sumptuous.
If the Chinese, under the CONTRL ingnieurs Gibson even when, still out of the instruments of such quality manufacturing, will do poorly trs.
Rglages strings but effective improvement, for China (it's now or never!).

Like all rsonators quality of this banjo is trs heavy (about 10 kg). It takes a very wide strap for rpart load into play up and not fear the blue on top of the thighs (the beginners) when playing sitting several hours. This is the case on all banjos middle and high end of my knowledge. The handle is enjoyable trs. I do not rule to change the bridge because the strings are a bit high.
I'm not a pro set-up. I currently put the limit at the best possible place bridge. I did not touch the handle or the tension of the head, I'm too afraid to BTIS and I do not see the intrt. Probably a pro dmontrerait me otherwise. It seems that a good set-up changes everything.

Without rglage particular, the sound is exceptional. I never jou on Gibson or Chief Osborne over 5000 euros, but really, the sound is good trs trs, trs powerful trsractif.
It parat the body is three folds for many. In fact, we find that manufacturing gnralement on the high end. But I'm not knowledgeable enough to have an opinion on its importance.
For me it's just the IDE that I'm a good sound trs bluegrass banjo.
Because of its natural power, I deprecated to play 3 am in an apartment if you have neighbors.

Bought in the United States as found in Europe so far as I know (and yet I looked!) I pay the banjo (VAT and customs duties included) 1100 euros.
I use it for a month. I love the typical bluegrass.
Only vritable inconvnient: weight. But it's price to pay for the sound!
The banjo, released beginners 2005, fills a gap in the range. TRS is a good compromise between cheap but inexpressive instruments (less than 1000 euros) and high-end inaccessible at the price (more than 3000 euros) for a gain of quality that can not my opinion justify such a diffrence, but I'm not professional.