Aphex 1402 Bass Xciter
Aphex 1402 Bass Xciter
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 03/15/09 à 10:44
(Originally written by Thom_bass/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Analog effect pedal/DI box to enhance the sound.

Very easy configuration.

Intuitive use: just turn the controls and listen to the results

Clear user's manual.

Effective effect.

The big bottom and aural exciter section does a good job, but the character of my Fender RI62 gets a bit lost. If you have a good bass and a good amp you won't need this effect.

I've been using it for a few weeks.

In the beginning, I liked this device a lot but I don't use it anymore because it tends to nullify the sound character of my bass. The sound is bigger but not really better.

The value for money is good on the secondhand market.

If I ever have to buy this sort of effect again I will test BBE products for the sake of comparison.