Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II Head
Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II Head

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Ashdown belonging to the ABM series.

fanlabiz fanlabiz
Published on 07/06/07 at 10:58
I will speak here of my setup complte:

- ABM 500 EVO II (575W with prampli lamps, equalizer and sub-octave)
- ABM 410 (subwoofer 650w into 4 ohms, with 4x HP 10-inch + tweeter)
- ABM 115 (subwoofer 300W into 4 ohms, with 1x HP 15 inches).

2 years, I use an ABM 500 EVO II, and a religious one ABM410 ABM115.
The three are reread in a daisy chain, the receiver does not have two exits, but both chambers have two jacks in parallle 6.35 (a Speakon connector is also available in rear).

I pay all of around 1600 euros, APRS have various combinations court carefully Ampeg / Hartke in this price range.
It is mostly the roundness and warmth of the amp to me sduit; may be as, I confess, the sub-octave Intgr which allows you to add a (small or large) pinc e major from an octave on the treble strings infrieur.

The ABM 500, the possibility of adding an element of pramplification lamps can make the grain more aggressive sound. It's weird, but it's the opposite of what feeling on my amp audiophile lamps (which sound much rounder and warmer than a transistor amp.

If the configuration ABM500 + ABM410 enough (I limit myself to gnralement dplacement of these monsters), reinforces the ABM115 really well in infrasound.

As one might expect this level of benefits, no vibration noise, nothing but deep bass and powerful. Not to be used only derrire an amp, but in complment to reinforce the bass ABM410 The tweeter has a central (not available to the ABM115), which has a real function in the reproduction of the attack of the strings and the dynamics of sound.

Irrprochable finish (his weight is confirmed) - the envelope is even buffalo leather!

Not having had the opportunity to tap into a pattern of better quality than mine, I think I would do without a doubt the choice.