Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II Head
Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II Head

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Ashdown belonging to the ABM series.

cocobass cocobass
Published on 01/05/07 at 16:30
Amp preamp transistor "mosfet" + lamp preamp (it looks like a 12AX7) both mixable, originality of this device.

Power (RMS): 575W (500 marked on it, but in reality 575)
Speaker Outputs: Minimum impedance: 4 Ohms

Slider 2 + /-15dB @ 340Hz
Slider 3 + /-15dB @ 1.3kHz
Slider 4 + /-15dB @ 2.6kHz

Tone Shape / Flat

Volume of input and output adjustable.

subbass (sort of octave)

measurements (mm) 134 x 474 x 315

Weight 14 KG
(Ashdown references)

The amp is biventilé, preamp with a lamp that can be adjusted.

The power output is 575W at 4 ohm so we must avoisinner the 350 into 8 ohm.

Connector Jack / XLR cable or enclosure link.
By a single output against baffle (speaker jack or cable), connect the speakers in series then if you want to put in more.

As he stated above, there are three potentiometers (low, medium, high) and a 4-band equalizer through. All very nice, reacts very well to the slightest movement.
Otherwise there is tt what to issue an output + input-output effects loop and tuner.

Ashdown design "retro" it seems to be a passenger locomotive ds ... Super nice, with a view meter typical of the brand made in England giving his side a little retro.

Amp almost entirely handmade, the great class, a titan of strength (it is surrounded by a kind of flight case): a real tank.

I have not used the manual, the guy's music store where I bought me and I was generally explained quite simply!

The Plugg and Play: The sound is just beautiful ... Round, warm, punchy, well-groomed.
We do whatever we want with this amp. However, I have a preference for the Shape, less cramped, but everything is a matter of trimming.
Any lower rings of hell on that, the crust at 100 euros to the best Jazz bass.

I think this amp is for all styles because you get all the sounds you want! Always with this magnitude is not without thinking about Trace Elliot fire (hence the Ashdown engineers come from elsewhere).

I plugged my Warwick ROCKBASS in two minutes and I found all the sounds I needed!

Lack of resources I use a Behringer BA 115 cabinet that I changed to a Celestion BL15 HP, and it sounds great my faith. I had tried the equivalent Gallien Kruger and I liked much less.
I think even complete the set with a BA baffle 210 (which I will surely change the same treatment from HP).

I use mostly sounds pretty serious (which remain clear in the treble that said) and with a bit of Octaver for low infra ... A feast. This gives her a present but not "strong" not drunk.
The amp sounds regardless of the volume!

I own this amp for six months at the moment and frankly I do not see anything special against him. Amp noted for its price (I paid 958euros).

This mark is actually too little known, but given the quality of the product, it will not last and the most competitive prices I'm afraid. So do not hesitate! I would definitely do it again this choice, the price / quality ratio is outstanding, the same price an Ampeg not sound like that.