Ashdown MAG 300H Head
Ashdown MAG 300H Head

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Ashdown belonging to the MAG series.

Thierry_25 Thierry_25

2 inputs for active or passive bass
Equalizer low / medium / high
Compressor
Sub-harmonics effects, bright, deep
In the output for exterior effect
XLR DI output
Line Out / tuner
2 HP Output Jack 6.35

USE

Easy and intuitive to use, the manual is very basic but not fawn all REALLY necessary.
Very simple Rglages, one feels immediately the effect on the sound, you quickly get what you want.

SONORITS

I use it with a bass fiddle Epiphone Viola and a pregnant Ashdown MAG 410T Deep. The sound is clean and well be that bass style. It is clear, prcis nothing wrong on this side-l.

The deep effects, sub-harmonics are bright and a little gadget I think the equalizer and compressor are much more useful.

Just a BMOL for between passive: the prampli does not have enough gain to a passive bass, even putting the knob of fact I just came - 7 dB as background on the bass.

Little background noise, even with maximum gain, what we hear most is the fan !!!
Ashdown could have a silent fan on this amp, did a bit messy. That said, we do not hear it playing, thankfully!

I intend to add a prampli tube for more gain and a warmer sound, genre pedal EBS Valve Drive. I will update my review after testing.

NOTICE GLOBAL

I just got it, so I did not test thoroughly.
I did not have a bass amp before, I plugged me directly on my sound, so this is the best forcment.

I like the power, sound neat, easy rglages. The VU meter has the mouth!
I do not like the insufficient gain between passive and noise of the fan, I would not 9 without these defects.

Compared what we find on the market qualitprix the report is very good. To get better, I think we should put much more expensive.
For low active, it is perfect. For a passive bass, prvoir external prampli.

I got less than 600 with the enclosure MAG 410T Deep, so no regrets, I would do this choice.