Ashdown MAG 300H Head
Ashdown MAG 300H Head

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Ashdown belonging to the MAG series.

MGR/Matt Pollard MGR/Matt Pollard

« Ashdown Mag 300 H Head & 410 T Cab »

Published on 12/23/03 at 15:00
After a lot of boring research on the net I went into my local music shop knowing exactly what I wanted, an Ashdown Mag 300 H head and 4x10" cab. 'No probs' they said but a month later it still not had arrived. In the end I bought it from the net, saved over £100 on the rrp. Ashdown are notoriously slow at providing gear, but blimmy, it was well worth the wait. This gear rocks!

The head is easy to use and it is obvious what each knob does. It takes no time at all to get a great sound, then using the switches it is possible to create a different sound, using the bass or treble bottons, that are just as good as the first! The cab gives a great clear sound and doesn'e break your back. Also the glowing voltmeter looks very sexy on stage.

The quality is obviously not as good as the ABM range, but it is still very solidly made. For some reason I can not fathom the fx loop is on the front, which does make it look a bit messy. But I am nit picking now.

The build quality is very high. You feel you could throw the gear around for years and it would still be working. My gear is fairly new, but no complaints so far

I spent a long time reading reviews of gear and I am very pleased with my final descision. This amp does not disappoint! For a first amp for the semi pro player it is affordable, portable and best of all the sound quality is worth far more than you would pay for it. If in doubt, buy it!