[NAMM] Jackson Ampworks Behemoth
Jackson Ampworks is also announcing the release of their first bass amp, The Behemoth.
With its two channels, the Behemoth delivers B-15N and SVT amplifier tones. It offers switchable power output of either 30W Class A/B, 60W Class A/B or 120W Class A/B using 6L6 output tubes. This adjustable power feature allows the player to tailor the amps response to a given musical setting.
Channel 1 of the Behemoth is the Vintage Channel and is based on the 8-pin 6SL7 preamp tube. This preamp tube is where Channel 1 gets its Vintage 1960’s Motown and West Coast tones.
Channel 2 of the Behemoth is the more Modern Channel and is based on the 9-pin 12AX7 preamp tube. This channel, which is modeled after a simplified version of the SVT, is higher gain and punchier than Channel 1, and is better suited for Rock tones and musical styles that demand crisp tight bass tones, the company says. In addition to this, Channels 1 and 2 can be blended together to create a combination of new tones.
• 30/60/120W Power Modes • Gain, Volume, Treble and Bass Controls (Each Channel)
• Ultra-Hi, Mid-Boost and Ultra-Lo Switches (Each channel)
• 2 Blendable Channels • Impedance Selector 4/8ohm • FX Loop
• Line Out with Line Out Level • Master Volume • Switchable 120V and 240V Operation
Pricing & Availability:
The Behemoth Bass Amp is available for $2,850.00.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Top e-bass models After polling the Audiofanzine community for their favorite DAWs and electric guitars, the time has come to find which are their favorite basses. Who will share the throne with Ableton Live and the Fender Stratocaster among the big winners of this year?
- [MUSIKMESSE] LTD introduces two multi-scale basses LTD has introduced the B-1004SE Multi-scale bass as well as its 5-string version, the B-1005SE.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Live from the Hotone booth At the Musikmesse, Hotone present a large collection of guitar pedals and mini amp heads.