Mesa Boogie launches a bass amp head
Mesa Boogie introduces the Bass Strategy 8:88, a new all-valve 465W bass amp head for power fans.
New in the Bloodline Series, the Bass Strategy 8:88 received the latest Mesa Boogie technologies, including the power attenuator with three operation modes, a new valve preamp, a 5-position Voice switch or a new power section that uses no less than 8 KT88 tubes. And all this fits in a 45 pound enclosure.
- 3x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 8x KT88 power tubes
- Class A/B amplifier with Multi-Watt technology providing three operation modes: 465W with all the KT88, 250W with 4 tubes or 125W with 2 valves
- Adjustable Bias with LED indicator
- 1 input with Bright, Normal and Active 3-way switch
- Preamp controls: gain, active 3-band EQ, 5-way Voice switch and Master volume
- 9-band graphic EQ that can be bypassed
- Buffered effect loop
- Tuner output with Play/Mute switch
- Balanced XLR line output with ground lift, pre/post switch and DI level control
- Direct recording feature
- 5 speaker outputs (1x 8 Ohms, 2 x 4 Ohms and 2 x 2 Ohms)
- Slave output with dedicated level control
- External switch jack
- 5-button footswitch available separately
No indication regarding the retail price and availability of this new Bass Strategy 8:88. Visit www.mesaboogie.com for full details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- EC Pedals launches a fuzz pedal for bass EC Pedals and Michael Benson collaborated for the creation of FuzzDriver, an effect pedal for bass that combines a fuzz and an overdrive.
- EBS Classic Session 120, Ibanez Promethean P3115 and Peavey Max 115 Comparison Imagine for a moment that a fellow dressed as the mailman shows up at your door when you are about to start playing your favorite instrument: "Ding-dong! It's the mailman! I've got a parcel for you!," says an affable figure, all sweaty, with a tone that is meant to be cheerful.
- TonePrints by the cream of Danish artists TC Electronic invited some of the most famous danish guitar and bass players to cook some TonePrints, and will offer a lucky winner a pedal.