TC launches BH250, the first head in the company’s Bass Amp 2.0 range to introduce the TonePrint concept.
TC’s new BH250 is a bass head that uses the TonePrint concept, with 250 watts of power and a built-in bass tuner that works on anything from 4 to 6 strings, according to TC Electronic.
The TonePrint concept allows for loading signature bass effects: Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Sub’n’ Up Octaver, SpectraComp or Bass Drive. Players can choose from a list of signature artist TonePrints created by players such as Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Fourplay, Toto), Troy Sanders (Mastodon), Michael Shuman (Queens of the Stoneage), Gail Ann Dorsey (Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie, Seal), Mark King (Level 42), Roscoe Beck (Leonard Cohen, Robben Ford) and more, available for free on TC’s website or via the TonePrint App for iPhone and Android.
There are two ways to load these signature bass effects:
- Beaming: Anyone who owns an iOS or Android device can download the free TonePrint App and place the speaker of the device over the magnetic pickup of their bass. Now TonePrints can be beamed through the pickups and cable directly into BH250, which will adapt.
- Alternatively, the amp can be hooked up to a PC or Mac for loading the TonePrints via USB.
BH250 is designed to be compact to fit in most standard gig bags.
BH250’s Tone Control section features Treble, Mid and Bass knobs.
BH250 can be hooked up to a cabinet, or combination of cabinets (min. 4 ohm load). TC recommends its range of BC cabinets that come in 2×10”, 2×12” and 4×10” configurations, or its top range of bass cabinets – the RS series – that are available as 1×12”, 2×10”, 2×12” and 4×10”.
A TC Electronic ‘Switch 3’ footswitch can be added for more control. TonePrint effects can be punched in and out and the amp can be muted. Furthermore, even though the TonePrint knob controls one effect at a time, the previously loaded effect is stored in the internal circuit and with the third switch this effect can be punched in and out as well, which in reality gives BH250 a dual effect section capable of combining any 2 of the 6 effect types available.
BH250 Main Features
- 4 lbs. / 1,8 kg
- TonePrint Signature Bass Effects
- TonePrint Artists – Signature Effects
- TonePrint Effect Types – Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Octaver, SpectraComp & BassDrive
- Built-in Bass Tuner – Tunes A Bass with 4, 5 or 6 Strings
- Tone Controls – Tailored Specifically for Bass:
Bass Cut: 80Hz, Bass Boost: 100Hz
Mid Cut: 500Hz, Mid Boost: 800Hz
Treble Cut: 1800Hz, Treble Boost: 5000Hz
- Dimensions – 8.7” x 2.5 × 9.1” / 220 mm x 63 mm x 231 mm
USD 299 / EUR 299 / GBP 245
Check out tcelectronic.com/bh250 for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] LTD introduces two multi-scale basses LTD has introduced the B-1004SE Multi-scale bass as well as its 5-string version, the B-1005SE.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Live from the Hotone booth At the Musikmesse, Hotone present a large collection of guitar pedals and mini amp heads.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Blackstar present the Fly 3 Bass Blackstar Amplification has unveiled the Fly 3 Bass, a bass version of its 3-watt mini-amp range.